Summary: This is just an outline about we are vaulable to God. A baby is not a choice its a child
Sermon The Human Life is Valuable to God
I. We (humans) are valuable because God knows us. Fear the Lord Not Man
there are things to fear in life, some very serious things. However, there is a vast difference between what men usually fear and what God says to fear. The things men fear are usually of their own making, and men would not have to fear them if they trusted God (war, deception, evil, stealing, bankruptcy, and other fears of men).
Jesus covered what men should fear. Note: He spoke first to the disciples (vv. 1–3), then to His friends (vv. 4–12). There was one thing in particular that His disciples needed to fear, and that one thing needs to be feared by everyone. That one thing is hypocrisy.
Leadership Ministries Worldwide. (1996). The Gospel according to Luke (p. 242). Chattanooga, TN: Leadership Ministries Worldwide.
Do not fear men, but God alone. The reason is logical: men can only kill the body. God can cast both body and soul “into hell.”
Fear with Respect not Fear out of being scared
b. Do not fear the lack of necessities. Note the word “forgotten.” The friend of the Lord is not forgotten, no matter the circumstance. There is something very precious here, yet there is a revelation of power as well.
⇒ There is a preciousness in the thought that every sparrow, no matter how common or forgotten or ignored, is very dear to God.
⇒ There is power in that God knows every single sparrow on the earth, and not a single one falls but what He knows about its injury. The idea is that injury to the sparrow causes pain and hurt which God feels. Suffering is due to the corruption and evil in the world, and corruption and evil always cause pain for God.
1) There is God’s providence. God sees, knows, cares, and oversees all the events and happenings on earth—even for the little sparrow that is so common and forgotten.
2) There is God’s knowledge (omniscience). God knows every little happening and all that is, even to the most minute detail. He knows when a single sparrow falls to the ground. He knows every hair of a person’s head, even the number of hairs.
3) There is God’s power (omnipotence). God is able to control the events that happen to the believer, no matter how detailed and minute. He can control and work them out for good to such an extent that there is no need for the believer to fear.
4) There is God’s love. Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ and of God.
(Ro. 8:35, 38–39).
c. Fear the spirit of disloyalty, of denying Christ. Note three points.
1) Men shall be judged before the angels of God. Angels will witness either our acceptance or rejection by God.
2) The judgment will be executed by the Son of Man Himself. He alone is the One Man who lived and experienced all the temptations and trials of life, yet He never sinned. He alone has been through it all and conquered all. He alone is worthy to judge. He alone knows …
• what a man is