Summary: 1 Corinthians 10:13 PROMISES us that we will ALWAYTS have a way of escape when we are tempted.
• SHOW COOKIE TEMPATION VIDEO (Meatloaf Media)
• SLIDE #1
• I think I would have been quieter!
• Over the last four weeks we have look at four of five things we need to know. I hope that you have taken the time to reflect on these items because they will help you to grow.
• Today, we are going to look at the final of our five life verses. The verse we will endeavor to examine together will help us to deal with a universal problem.
• Back to our cookie boy video.
• What drove that man to sneak into the kitchen to snack on those cookies? I want you to think about that as we look at our life verse today.
• We all stand in the face of temptation every day.
• Do you ever feel like you are caught in a trap and you cannot get out? How many times have we succumbed to temptation because we felt like we could not escape it, like there was not way out?
• How many have fallen because they saw that woman or that man they should have stayed away from?
• How many times have you stared temptation right in the face only to give in to it and later feel like a loser?
• How would you like to be able to stand in the face of temptation and win the battle!
• Do you know that God has set it up so that you do not have to lose the battle with temptation?
• Today we are going to look at a passage that gives us a wonderful promise. This promise helps us to realize that we do not have to give in!
• SLIDE #2
• 1 Corinthians 10:13 (quickview)  (NASB) 13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
• We are going to mine three truths out of this passage this morning that I would like for you to focus your thoughts on this week as you work to memorize this passage.
• SLIDE #3
• Let’s begin with our first truth
I. YOUR SITUATION IS NOT UNIQUE.
• No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man…
• I think this is something that we really need to understand. Have you ever felt that you were the only one going through the temptation you were facing?
• Satan likes to make us feel like we are isolated on an island. If he can convince you that you are all alone, you will not turn to anyone for help.
• Loneliness and a feeling of hopelessness can take the fight right out of us.
• Temptations come into every Christian’s life—no one is exempt. Temptation is not sinful; the sin comes when the person gives in to temptation.
• Whatever the temptation you are facing is, it is not unique, it is something that everyone else has or will face.
• Jesus Himself faced the temptations we face.
• SLIDE #4