Summary: Negative people can see a problem for every solution! God's children live in lion country! We love when everything goes good! We expect easy paths? Will we ever learn bad things can happen to good people? Be patient! Be persistent! God can turn the dark night into a bright day!
WE LIVE IN LION COUNTRY… THAT IS GOOD! THAT IS BAD!
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
NEGATIVE PEOPLE CAN FIND A PROBLEM FOR EVERY SOLUTION. POSITIVE PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN… THEY WILL FIND A SOLUTION TO EVERY PROBLEM.
THAT IS SO GOOD, NO THAT IS SO BAD…
I HEARD THE PREACHER TELL A STORY THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE… WELL, THAT IS GOOD? OR WELL, THAT IS BAD?
On my cue: I ASKED THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CHURCH TO SAY: WELL, THAT IS GOOD. I ASKED THOSE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE CHURCH TO SAY: WELL, THAT IS BAD.
His friend was lucky enough to win a ticket to ride in a small airplane over the church where he pastored and the county in which he lived. WELL, THAT IS GOOD! The plane had some difficulty taking off the run way. WELL, THAT IS BAD. The small plane was flying AND CLIMBING HIGH and his friend was so excited. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. The plane’s engine started sputtering and missing, must be water in the gas. WELL, THAT IS BAD. The pilot changed gas tanks to the other side and the plane’s engine was doing better. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. The little plane climbed to several thousand feet, the view was wonderful. WELL, THAT IS GOOD SAID THE PASTOR. Then the engine caught on fire. WELL, THAT IS BAD. There was a parachute for each person in the plane. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. His friend had great difficulty getting his parachute on properly. WELL, THAT IS BAD. The pilot made his way over to the man free falling from the plane and helped him get his ‘chute on properly. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. As the man pulled the rip cord the lines were all tangled. WELL THAT IS BAD. The parachute was slowly the man’s fall. Well, THAT IS GOOD. But finally the tangled lines were so bad, the pilot caught the up with the man. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. The pilot took a knife and cut the lines. WELL, THAT IS BAD. No, the pilot hung on to the man as that came closer and closer to the ground. WELL, THAT IS GOOD. It was until the pilot could no longer hold on and had to let the man go. WELL, THAT IS BAD. The young pilot saw a huge pile of hay in the middle of an open field, so the pilot guide the man to the pile of hay. He was going slow enough the cushion of the hay was going to save the man. WELL, THAT WAS GOOD! ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PILOT SAW A BIG PITCH FORK RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HAY WHERE THE MAN WAS LANDING. OH, NO, THAT WAS BAD…
With tears in my eyes, I have to confess I DON’T REMEMBER THE REST OF THE STORY… YOU HAVE TO DRAW THE CONCLUSION: WELL, WAS IT GOOD? OR WAS IT BAD? THE STORY ENDS FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE!
GOD’S CHILDREN HAVE BEEN BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE…WELL, THAT IS GOOD. WELL THAT IS BAD.
• ABRAHAMIS CALLED OF GOD, THAT IS GOOD.. HE HAS TO LEAVE HOME THAT IS BAD.
• ABE’S NEPHEW GOES WITH HIM THAT IS GOOD. LOT BECOMES DISAGREEABLE, THAT IS BAD.
• ABRAHAM GIVES LOT THE CHOICE THAT IS GOOD. LOT PITCHES HIS TENT TOWARD SODOM THAT IS BAD.
• ABRAHAM HAS A BEAUTIFUL WIFE SARAH THAT IS GOOD. SARAH’S PLOT IS NOT TRUSTING GOD’S PLAN AND SHE INTRODUCES HAGAR THAT IS BAD.
• ABRAHAM HAS THE PROMISED SON: ISSAAC THAT IS GOOD. ISHMEAL THE SON OF THE BOND WOMAN IS A THREAT TO THE FREE SON THAT IS BAD.
• ABRAHAM HAS MANY TEST THAT IS BAD. GOD DELIVERS ISSAC FROM THE ALTAR THAT IS GOOD.
• JACOB HAS A PERSONAL ENCOUNTER WITH GOD AND WRESTLES ALL NIGHT, THAT IS GOOD. ESAU HATES HIS BROTHER THAT IS BAD.
• JACOB LEAVES HOME AND GOES TO UNCLE LABAN’S HOUSE THAT IS GOOD. JACOB WORKS SEVEN YEARS FOR HIS WIFE. THAT IS GOOD. HE IS TRICKED AND HAS TO MARRY LEAH. THAT IS BAD.
• JACOB WORKS ANOTHER 7 YEARS FOR RACHEL. THAT IS GOOD. RACHEL AND LEAH HAVE DISCORD. THAT IS BAD.
• RACHEL HAS 2 SONS, JOSEPH AND BENJAMIN. THAT IS GOOD. LEAH HAS 10 SONS THAT HATE JOSEPH. THAT IS BAD.
• JOSEPH HAD A DREAM, WHICH IS GOOD. HIS BROTHERS CAN NOT SPEAK PEACABLY TO HIM. THAT IS BAD.
• GOD GIVES JOSEPH ASSURANCE THAT IS GOOD. HIS BROTHERS THROW HIM IN A WELL. THAT IS BAD.
• THEY PULL JOSEPH OUT OF THE WELL. THAT IS GOOD. THEN SELL HIM TO SLAVE TRADERS. THAT IS BAD.
• JOSEPH FINDS FAVOR IN EGYPT. THAT IS GOOD. POTIPHAR’S WIFE ACCUSES HIM OF RAPE. THAT IS BAD.