Summary: WE MAKE REVIVAL HAPPEN by doing something in this outline we share the 8 things needed to see revival come to our church and world.
WE MAKE REVIVAL HAPPEN
2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chr 7:15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place. (KJV)
I. GOD CALLS US TO BRING REVIVAL US BY SAYING ‘MY PEOPLE’!
A. This is the title God gives us. We are His people when we do His Will and walk in His Word. (Acts 11:26 KJV
II. WE ARE CALLED BY NAME.
- John 1:12 KJV But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
2. Prayers are answered only in that Name. John 14:14
3. The devil fears that Name. Mark 16:17
III. WE MUST HUMBLE OURSELVES.
1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: (KJV)
A. You do not want to wait until God to humbles you!
1. Remember Nebuchadnezzar He was the King of Kings on earth. - Daniel 5
IV. WE MUST LEARN TO PRAY LIKE JESUS PRAYED!
A. In the book I wrote "Lord teach us to pray", I first deal with is we must learn to Intercede.
- Ezek 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
V. HE SAID WE MUST SEEK HIS FACE! John 12:21 saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. (KJV)
A. To often we look to ‘Super preacher’ to bring us revival. Revival comes only from God and we must make it happen. Our salvation, answer prayer etc. comes when we do something. What do we do? We do the Word. James said that we must be ‘doers and not just hearers of the Word.’
VI. WE MUST TURN FROM WICKED WAYS Heb 12:1
A. SEARCH ME MY GOD AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY WICKED WAY IN ME.
VII. THEN GOD SAID, HE WOULD FORGIVE AND HEAL!
VIII. THEN GOD'S PROMISE IS TO PAY ATTENTION TO PLACE OF PRAYER AND THE PRAYER THAT IS MADE.
Let us do the same and make revival happen by standing on His Promise and do what He said to do.