Summary: We are living in a day when good is evil spoken of and we that do well are being called evil. Christians not only being attacked spiritually, but all verbally and in some cases physically. We must do all we can so we can stand in this day.
WE NEED THE WORD WORKING IN FOUR PLACES IN US!
-Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put
bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (KJV)
I. The Word should first be in our minds.
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (KJV)
A. We must receive the Word first in our minds to know the Word. We do this when:
1. We hear the Word.
2. We read the Word.
3. We should know the Word
II. We need and must have the Word in our Hearts.
- Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not
sin against thee. (KJV)
- Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
A. The word goes into our heart as we digest it in our minds. We do this by:
1. We chew it by meditating upon the Word. Study.
2. We then can have a spiritual swallow.
a. This is when the Word in our heart (spirit) becomes the Rhema of the Word.
B. In our minds we can know the Word, but in our hearts we believe the Word.
C. Have you not read a passage over and over perhaps for years, and then one day, it becomes real to you. You just had a spiritual chew. You now not only know but you now believe it in your heart.
D. You can know a thing and not believe it.
1 When I was taught evolution in school, I knew the theory but did not believe it.
2. When I was saved, I heard the Word first, it was in my mind. However, when I received Christ the Word came in to my heart and I believed the Gospel
3. Jesus Christ is the Living Word!
III. Then the Word needs to be in our MOUTH
- Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
- Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (KJV)
A. Three persons need to hear us speak the Work.
1. First you must hear yourself, confess the Word.
a. When you do hear yourself it is building yourself up in the most holy faith.
-Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, (KJV)
b. This is what weight lifters do, football players, they speak to the weights, and they speak to their opponents that they can do it.
c. Jesus said to speak to the mountain of our life.
2. Then the devil needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 1 Pet 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
a. This is how Jesus dealt with the devil during his temptation.
b. We need to speak God's Word to the devil and he will flee.
3. Then God needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 2 Cor 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. (KJV)
a. When He hears us speak His Word He says "YEA".