Summary: A Christian ceremony for two young dedicated Christians
STARTING TIME 6:00
MEN TO LIGHT THE CANDLES
GRANDPARENTS TO ENTER
SOLO # 1 “SEEKERS OF THE HEART”
PARENTS ENTER LIGHT THE CANDLES FOR THE UNITY CANDLE
SOLO # 2 “PARENT’S PRAYER”
“PACHELBEL’S CANON IN D”
GROOM PASTOR AND GROOMSMEN TO ENTER.
BRIDESMAIDS TO ENTER
RUNNER TO BE PULLED
BRIDE TO ENTER
Thank you, you may be seated
Dear Friends and Family,
We have come to the House of God today for some very special reasons:
1. We have come to witness the joining together of Stephen Phillips and Lorraine Clemons in holy matrimony consummated by the exchanging of vows and the giving of gifts.
2. We have come to share in the festive joy that such a special time brings.
3. We have come to witness the miracle of God which takes place has He takes two completely different individuals and make them one by His marvelous grace and for His glory.
4. We have come to worship the Lord our God as we are reminded how the church is called the bride of Christ and the great love that He has for us.
5. We also have come to show to you Stephen and to you Lorraine our loving support as you endeavor to do the Lord’s will for life.
CHARGE TO THE PARENTS
What a joy it is as pastor to see such a fine couple standing before me ready to do God’s wonderful will for their lives. We all must realize that this did not happen by chance I Thank God for loving parents who live lives that are exemplary that inspire their children to trust the Lord and to live for the Lord and to do His will. Now because of that to you Mr. Mrs. Phillips and to you Mr. and Mrs. Clemons God is giving you all a reward as you see that special gift that He as for you children as in the prayer of Jabez he enlarges your coast. As she becomes your daughter and He becomes your son.
GIVING OF THE BRIDE AWAY
We remember back in the garden when God saw Adam alone
Gen. 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Then in verse 22 the bible reads:
“And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
The giving of the bride away is a godly honor therefore in this sacred hour believing this to be the will of God for this young couple who gives this woman to this man in holy matrimony?
SOLO # 3 THE FATHER SAYS I DO”
CHARGE TO THE BRIDE AND GROOM
Realizing this to be Gods will for your life. Signifying that neither of you knows of any barrier to prevent this union Lorraine will you hand your bouquet to your maid of honor will you join hands and face each other. Stand closer.
At he dawn of creation God gave us this beautiful gift we call marriage.
Marriage is an honorable and an holy institution of God. It is a good thing for a man to be married but marriage should not be rushed into or approached upon unadvisably but with great caution and much prayer should we come to this place in our life.
As we have already stated here it was God who gave the first bride away.