Summary: What does the Blood of Jesus do for you?
What Can Jesus' Blood Do for You? - Tear Down Those Walls
God's grace is amazing to you and I. God's mercy to you and I is overwhelming. His love is immeasurable to you and I - by simply providing Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins. We've seen this picture painted time and time again throughout the book of Ephesians. Today, not stealing from UPS' "What can Brown do for you?" - What can Jesus' blood do for you?
I. The Blood of Jesus Invites us to become a Christian/Believer/Follower of Christ
a. Open invitation to all nationalities
* Note v. 11-13
* Uncircumcision vs. Circumcision
* Aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel (No Destination)
* No Hope - Without God in the world
* But - through the blood of Jesus Christ - those who were far off have been made nigh!
b. Open invitation for all to see Christ's love
* Christ died for those without strength
* Christ died for those who are ungodly
* Christ died for those who are sinners
* Christ died for those who are enemies
II. The Blood of Jesus Christ Unites Us as Believers
All men now approach God on the same basis, on an equal footing: by the blood of Jesus Christ. Regardless of who your are, where you've come from, what you've done - through trusting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord - you've been forgiven!
III. The Blood of Jesus Christ Tears Down Walls that Tear Us Apart
The year was 1987 - President Ronald Reagan issued a statement on the steps of the Brandenburg Gate of the Berlin Wall to then Soviet Union leader Gorbachev; "Tear Down this Wall." In 1989 after Reagan had gotten out of office, Gorbachev ordered the wall to be taken down - thus symbolizing the end of the Cold War era of history in the world.
Today, there are many walls that still exist within mankind that truly do effect out relationship with God:
* Pride and Prejudice
- Racism still exists in the world today
- Not just a white/black wall, it's a wall of all nationalities against one another
- There is a difference between being religious and having a relationship with God!
- Those who have don't always want to associate with those who have not
* Opinions or Tradition
- "We've never done it that way before"
- That's why churches are dying. We've rarely ever done it God's way - that's why we are in the shape that we are in!
- God doesn't call the equipped - He equips the called!
- RESISTANCE TO THE CALL OF GOD UPON YOUR LIFE
All of these walls have been removed by the Blood of Jesus Christ!
IV. The Blood of Jesus Christ brings us PEACE
"He is our Peace"
"Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm
In celestial like strains it unceasingly falls
O'er my soul like an infinite calm
Peace, Peace, wonderful peace
Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever I pray
In fathomless billows of love!
What a tremendous SACRIFICE - which requires our unconditional SURRENDER!!
Has the blood of Christ done anything for you?
The answer is yes! Through God's provision and love - you and I have an opportunity that is tremendous: We have the choice of trust Jesus Christ to be our Lord and Savior!
The invitation is simple - three prongs:
* If you've never made a decision to trust Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior - I encourage you to come forward this day, take me by the hand - and we will pray.
* If you've made that decision in the past - but have "strayed" off course - come this morning and simply pray - repent of your sin and be restored into the right relationship with God
* If you know of individuals who either need to be saved or need to get right with God - come forward and cry out to God.
What can the blood of Jesus do for you?
The answer is simple - CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Let Jesus change your life this day.