Summary: Too many denominations can water down the Gospel
The Ultimate Decision
August 6, 2014
I wonder what God would think of all the denominations today? The true church started at the cross and ended at the empty tomb. That is it. We are all born dead in our sins and God knew we needed a Savior. He then sent His son from heaven to be born a Virgin then to die for our sins, God raised Jesus from the dead so that all those who believe in Him will have eternal life.
I have been researching church history and it seems that most denominations were led by entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs have a couple things in common.
1. They don’t like the way things are being done and they think they can do it better.
2. Most don’t like working for or following someone else.
If we look back at church history there were no divine revelations that started a denomination. The ONLY divine revelation came in the form of the Bible that we have today. The early church met in peoples houses as a way to stop meeting at the Jewish Synagogue. A lot of churches today have adopted the “Small Group” method. It is a way of getting to know one another, having Christian fellowship in a setting that would be hard to do on a Sunday. For some reason the Lord wants me to stop writing and pray right now before I write anything else.
The Lord prompted me to tell you “I don’t care how they come to me as long as they come to ME (God). Many of you are going to a church (Denomination) that either your parents went to, a friend asked you to go to or that is close to your home. A lot of times we don’t every know what our denomination believes or what are the differences. Today I am not here to talk about the differences as long as your church makes much of God and little of man. Do they or is the Pastor trying to build himself up at the cost of Jesus?
God will not play second fiddle to anyone. No matter what denomination you go to there are some things that are not negotiable.
1. God is the Alpha and Omega - There was no god before Him or after Him
Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
2. Jesus was born of a virgin by the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."
3. Jesus led a sinless life because He depended on God the Father
Romans 8:3 "For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
4. There is a Trinity and it is made up of the Father (God - in Spirit form) , Jesus - Son of God and the Holy Spirit who lives inside of all believers. They are three in one. The word Trinity IS NOT in the Bible but there are many references to the Father , Son and Holy Spirit being One.
5. It is faith ALONE by the grace of God in the death and resurrection of Jesus that we are saved.
Ephesians 2:8,9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."