Summary: A balanced look at the verses on drinking with an emphasis on our freedom in Christ.
A STARTING POINT: We all know that Baptists are generally teetotalers, but what does the Bible actually teach?
THE DANGERS OF DRINKING:
1. The Bible says that excessive drinking is foolish.
2. The Bible says that drunkenness is not fitting for a Christian.
SO IS ALL DRINKING CONDEMNED?
1. The Bible sometimes speaks of wine as a gift from God.
- Psalm 104:45.
2. Paul speaks of using win for health purposes.
3. It appears that Jesus drank wine.
A KEY ISSUE: CHRISTIANS FREEDOM AND RESPONSIBILITY
1. If at all possible, don’t allow your freedom in Christ to be a stumbling block to a fellow believer.
2. If at all possible, don’t allow your freedom in Christ to be a stumbling block to an unbeliever.
3. We are to use our freedom in Christ as an opportunity to serve.