Summary: What if Jesus would have said, "I’m not dying for them"?
1. We often play this game with ourselves and I want to ask you this question this Easter Morning.
2. We know that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and He defeated death and arose on the third day.
3. But, what if Jesus would have said, "Never mind, you are
not worth it"?
"As it is written: There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit,
The poison of asps is under their lips;
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.
Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Destruction and misery are in their ways;
And the way of peace they have not known.
There is no fear of God before their eyes.
A. Scripture shows what we deserve.
1. We deserve death.
2. What if Jesus would have said, "Forget it, you all get
what you deserve for ever. Death"!
B. Scripture shows why we deserve death.
were free in regard to righteousness. What fruit did you have
then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the
end of those things is death."
glory of God."
Isaiah 64:6 (quickview) : "But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away."
1. Why? Simply because sin equals death.
2. Even if it is just one sin your whole life, it is death.
C. Scripture shows where we deserve to go.
1. Although Hell is not intended for humans, but for
Satan and his followers, that is where we deserve to
a. Let me give you a small glimpse of the punishment awaiting those in Hell.
into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the
false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night
forever and ever."
cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and
gnashing of teeth."
2. Without a Savior to make us righteous before God,
guess where we would go, Hell!
a. For those that say things like, "Well I’ll be with
my friends down their and we’re going to have
one big party everyday"; what a surprise.
b. Hell is no joke, and that is where we deserve to
3. If this alone was not enough reason for Jesus to say
"Never mind", how about my second point this
II. Our Treatment Of Christ
A. The way Christ was treated, He had every reason to say,
"You are not worth it".
"Away with this Man, and release to us Barabas"- who had
been thrown into prison for a certain rebellion made in the
city, and for murder.
Pilate, therefore, wishing to release Jesus, again called out