Summary: Renewing one’s self with the Word.
II Chro. 34:1-33 What Is Revival
Intro:1. Webster says revival is “to bring back to life.”
2. The Hebrew word means “to live”-Ps 85:6
I. Revival is not just doing the RIGHT things.[1-13]
A. Notice Religious concern can come from the
desire to do good-[1-3]
B. Notice even hatred of a false way can come
C. Notice a love for Gods house can arise from
II. Revival is a REDISCOVERING and RECEPTION of
[The Hebrew says this book was the original law Moses
wrote. V. 35:6 confirms it]
A. The Book when found may mean only a
1. It was hid. 2. It was lost.
3. In doing what was right, they found the
truth.[it was found in the rebuilding]
B. Then it became the Law of God-
C. Then it became important enough to share with
1. Is the Word important to you?
2. Is the Word important enough not just to
read and study, but to share?
III. Revival is REPENTANCE and RESTORATION-[19-21]
[it’s true life in the believer]
A. Josiah was gripped with fear at the words-
[also notice v.23-25][2 causes of destruction-1. They
have forsaken God. 2. They have served false gods]
1. He had a right to fear.
2. His people and forefathers had angered
B. Then he and all Israel sought the face of
1. There was a future of destruction for the
2. But for the Godly there was love and
3. The joy of Gods ordinances were