Summary: You have heard of I.Q., maybe even E.Q., but what is your S.Q.?
LIVING WISE IN A STUPID WORLD
(What did the smartest man who ever lived have to say about it)
Chapter 1 of 31cont. Lesson #3
Proverbs 1: 20-33.
What is your Spiritual Quotient (SQ)?
IQ is an acronym for Intelligence Quotient. The IQ is a measurement of your intelligence and is expressed in a number.
EQ is an acronym for Emotional Quotient. The EQ is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and identify the emotions of others.
SQ is an acronym for Spiritual Quotient. SQ is a measure that looks at a person's spiritual acumen; It is the spiritual power of a person. It is your ability to be on the same channel with God. It has four components: W.I.F.I.
W.isdom. Making Godly decisions.
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5.
I.ntegrity. Doing what is right even when no one is watching.
“Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.” 2 Corinthians 8:21.
F.aith. Having saving faith and living faith.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1.
I.nvolves hearing God’s voice. Recognizing when God speaks.
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” John 10:27.
To be on the same channel with God, you make good decisions, you do what is right, you exercise your faith and you follow His leading.
Comparison of your life to a computer:
• Some of you are like a computer with all the bells and whistles. You have so much talent.
• Must be saved to have power with God.
• Your connection must go through the Word of God.
• Many of you have a virus (sin). It affects your performance.
• Repentance of sin fixes the virus.
• Defrag your computer. Need to get rid of many things to have more space for God.
• Need to have your speakers on, so that you can hear from God.
• Some of you are sideways with God. You need to restart (revival).
• Not everything that comes your way, is meant for you. Believe the right things.
• Run good programs in the background all the time. Bible study, prayer, giving, good deeds, witnessing.