Summary: Message calling all believers to action; to move forward in servitude and stop delaying.
What shall we do now, Lord?
- Today, I want to discuss an important message from Peter; a man who always served
- Peter was a servant because Jesus restored him (feed/sheep); we need restoration!!
- Because of the life we have led before; we must spend remainder serving Jesus Christ
Point 1 (Read vv.12-15)
- God makes it a point in our lives to continue reminding us about what should we do
- It is not an option when you are a believer; it is a requirement; a payment for salvation
- Peter was a man who constantly needed refreshing, because he did not get “it” …
- Here, we see this very man reminding us – possibly even about where we fail today
- Even as he is leaving; he ensures that all he can do is to tell the people again
- As a Pastor, I have the same responsibility – we need to be reminded of God’s calling
-- God gives us His Son, and then he tells us bluntly to OBEY what is commanded
-- The Lord is more concerned with your obedience, than your offering of praise
- Peter strongly says that soon he will be gone – as Jesus promised – we will also!
- Are you obeying God – or are you serving because of tradition and “always done it”?
- Let’s read how Peter testifies to what he has seen and how to live …
Point 2 (Read vv.16-18)
- The disciples were eye witnesses to what Jesus had done, and we are as well
- All around us we have examples of God’s grace and mercy; but who do we tell?
- Jesus’ grace is enough for anyone to take part in and to have for themselves …
- Peter’s confession is that he heard with his own ears what the Lord said about Jesus
-- And then he spent his life giving that testimony to others so that could hear as well
-- But, who do we bring to church on Sundays or Wednesdays to hear the Word?
- Do we hear with our own ears what God would have us do? Or, do we hear ourselves?
- This world is seeking to swallow up believers because that is what it does …
- Today, are you allowing the world to swallow you up?
- Let’s check back in with Peter …
Point 3 (Read vv.19-21)
- The word of the prophets is displayed proudly for all of us – in our OWN bibles
- We are to be a light to a world; believers are called NEVER to stop shining the light
- The rising of the morning star will be the coming of Jesus; and we still have work to do
- No man invented the Word, but 2 Tim 3:16 says it is God-breathed, suitable for …
- As the Spirit filled man, those men testified and exemplified living for Jesus Christ
- Church, we are called to do the same. No one is exempt from living for God – ever!
- It has been my desire and my hope that we would see this, and we would act upon it
- This is my final challenge to you as a church (expound to conclusion …)
- Jesus is calling us to move, calling us to serve, calling us to come to worship and be Spirit filled just as the men and women of the bible are … but are we?
- Blessing and pleasure to Pastor; but God is still calling you to action …