Summary: The coming of the Lord is imminent. We must do some things to prepare so as not be be ashamed when He comes.
· Christ’s coming is 24 hours closer than it was yesterday at this time—“Now is our salvation nearer than when we believed”—V. 11
· We are wasting precious moments—“The night is far spent”—V. 12
· Christ could come today—“The day is at hand”—V. 12
· Wake up and smell the coffee!!
· We must prepare for the coming of the Lord.
I. BY CASTING OFF THE WORKS OF DARKNESS—12
B. There are secret sins in all of our lives
3. Devotional life
C. Would you be ashamed if Jesus came today?
II. BY PUTTING ON THE ARMOR OF LIGHT—12
B. We must guard ourselves against the enemy
III. BY WALKING HONESTLY—13
B. There are certain characteristics of “honest walking”:
1. New life—Romans 6:4
2. Faith—2 Corinthians 5:7
3. Spirituality—Galatians 5:16
4. Consistency—Ephesians 4:1
(How are you doing so far?)
5. Love—Ephesians 5:2
6. Caution—Ephesians 5:15
7. Illumination—1 John 1:7
8. Christlikeness—1 John 2:6
IV. BY PUTTING ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST—14
B. We must live Christlike and exemplify all that Christ is:
1. Be Saved
2. Be Sanctified
3. Be Serving
V. BY NOT MAKING PROVISION FOR THE FLESH—14
B. If we walk with God we will fulfill the desires of the Spirit rather than the lusts of the flesh
The Lord is coming back very soon. Time is drawing short. It is time to wake up and prepare for His coming. Don’t be ashamed when that day comes. Be ready.