Summary: Love, Hip-Hop and Relationships
“What to Do When You Can’t Shake It Off”
Judges 16:20 (NIV) 20 Then she called, “Samson, the Philistines are upon you!” He awoke from his sleep and thought, “I’ll go out as before and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the LORD had left him.
Sampson was dedicated to God, He was special, but He had some issues. Had purpose on his life because he was set apart as a blessing from God. He was not intended to be exposed to strong drink, and commanded to not cut his hair.
Was empowered to do exploits as a judge or leader for the nation of Israel. Killed 1000 peopled, wild animals but he had weaknesses and lacked discipline. He had a proclivity for dysfunctional relationships.
Did not recognize the plan of the enemy because of his appetite. There was a plan of collusion to execute him by the Philistines who were enemies of God.
The adversary will use your weaknesses against you to destroy you and your future. But God has the last say about you and will always give us an opportunity to get things right.
Observation 1: Align and or Realign Your Life with The Right People!
- Sampson invested his time in the wrong places. Sampson spent the majority of his life in a location called the Valley of Sorek. (Sorek means Vine in Hebrew)
- He violated the rules. (He ignored the counsel of His parents and the prompting of the Spirit of God.)
- Sampson Aligned his life with the wrong people.
- Everyone in your life does not need to know God’s plan for your life because they may be a worker of wickedness.
Observation 2: Don’t Allow Your Weakness to Become Your Habit.
- You Have a Purpose, so avoid behaviors that will separate you from God.
- When you are in a relationship look out for certain behaviors.
- Protect your heart and be obedient to God.
- You were bought with a price and you belong to God. Don’t forfeit your future over temporary pleasure.
- You have do what you have to do to protect yourself.
Observation 3: Get Back into Your Strategic Position!
21 Then the Philistines seized him, gouged out his eyes and took him down to Gaza. Binding him with bronze shackles, they set him to grinding grain in the prison. 22 But the hair on his head began to grow again after it had been shaved
- His hair began to grow again when He cried out to lord.
- Don’t ignore the 2nd chances of God by not giving him your issues.
- The next season God is bringing us into, we cannot conceive it with our sight, it’s going to be based on what we hear!
- The key to your future is in what you do when you come to your senses.
- God will strategically place people in your life who will be a blessing and be a help to you.
- Repent, and realign yourself with God’s plan.
- David said in Psalm 51:10-12 (NIV) 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
- Keep working pressing towards the mark of the high calling that he has destined for your life.
- He started something good in you and He is faithful to complete it!