Summary: It is true that deeds of believers follow them even after death. Thus when death occurs, let us be just this blunt about it, some believers leave a vacuum that just cannot be easily filled. After we become Christians, our deeds do matter here & beyond.
WHAT WILL THEY SHOW AFTER YOUR DEATH?
ACTS 9:36-42 36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor. 37 About that time she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upstairs room. 38 Lydda was near Joppa; so when the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to him and urged him, “Please come at once!” 39 Peter went with them, and when he arrived he was taken upstairs to the room. All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them. 40 Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, “Tabitha, get up.” She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up. 41 He took her by the hand and helped her to her feet. Then he called for the believers, especially the widows, and presented her to them alive. 42 This became known all over Joppa, and many people believed in the Lord. 43 Peter stayed in Joppa for some time with a tanner named Simon.
INTRODUCTION: WHAT WILL THEY SHOW AFTER YOUR DEATH?
The Bible Has Thousands Of Characters, but some of them play more important roles than others. Some prime good players in the Bible are.
1. Adam And Eve: Adam and Eve really are inseparable. Even the Bible refers to them as "one flesh" in recognition of their coming from the same flesh (Adam's) and being joined together again in marital/sexual union.
2. Noah: Noah is most famous for building an ark — a giant three-decked wooden box
3. Abraham: Through him all people of the earth will be blessed.
4. Moses: The Hebrew Bible describes Moses as the greatest prophet who ever lived, and for good reason. Moses is born during hard times for ancient Israel. They're enslaved in Egypt, but he is used by God to bring them out.
5. David: David is Israel's second and greatest king.
6. Elijah: Elijah is one of Israel's greatest prophets, as well as God's heavyweight champ in an epic bout against a deity named Baal (the Canaanite storm god).
7. Isaiah: Isaiah is one of the most influential prophets in the Hebrew Bible advising many kings.
8. Mary: Being Jesus' mom, as you might imagine, is bound to put you in the theological limelight, and Mary holds this office with dignity and grace. She is a concerned Mother who sees herself as blessed.
9. Peter: Jesus affectionately gives his closest friend, Simon, the nickname "Rocky". Very impulsive but became a mighty speaker and evangelist in the early church.
10. Paul: Is arguably the person most responsible for spreading Christianity throughout the Mediterranean region, on its way to becoming the religion of the Roman Empire.
ABOUT JOPPA WHERE TABITHA LIVED
Joppa: Tabitha lived in Joppa, a seaport town in Palestine, 35 miles northwest of Jerusalem. Solomon used this port to receive timber that was used for the building of the Temple. Joppa is where Jonah ran to catch a boat for Tarshish.