Summary: Looking at family relationships and what women need in a marriage relationship
What Wives wished their husbands knew about Women
Gladstone Baptist Church - 15/8/04
Screen “Vive La Difference” - We are So Different video before sermon
I received an email the other day which I thought was funny enough to share with you ... It was an advertisement for evening classes designed for MEN ONLY!! There was a note that read “Due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants each. Sign up early for early bird rates” Here are the course
1. Toilet paper: does it grow on the holders?: roundtable discussion.
2. Differences between the laundry basket and the floor. Practical session with dirty clothes basket.
3. The after-dinner dishes and cutlery: do they levitate and fly into kitchen sink or dishwasher by themselves? Debate among an eminent panel of experts.
4. Loss of virility: losing the remote control to your significant other. How to find help lines and support groups.
5. Health watch: bringing her flowers is not harmful to your health: powerpoint presentation.
6. Real men ask for directions when lost: real-life testimonial from the one man who did.
7. Is it genetically impossible to sit quietly as she parallel parks? Find out for yourself in our driving simulator.
8. How to be the ideal shopping companion: relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques.
9. Remembering birthdays, anniversaries, other important dates and calling when you’re going to be late: bring your diary, calendar or pda to class.
10. Getting over it. Learning to live with being wrong all the time: individual counselors available.
Do any of you guys want to sign up for any of these courses? Do any of you ladies want to sign your husbands up for any of these courses? I thought so ...
Look, tonight I don’t want to pull any punches. And while I will be speaking about what wives wish guys knew about women, I want to start off by addressing one major misconception that is out there. It is fundamental to everything else that we talk about tonight and is applicable to both males and females so listen carefully because if you miss this one, you are introuble.
Here it is - you ready ... “Men and Women are not the Same”
Now isn’t that so enlightening? We might as well pack up and go home now. I mean - Ladies, you’ve been wondering why you struggle with guys so much. The answer is simple - “Men and Women are not the Same!” Guys, you have never quite been able to figure out your wife and well it’s beginning to bug you. Here’s the answer - “Men and Women are not the Same!”
Tonight, I want to spend some time considering “What are some of the key things most women would like us males to know about them. Being a male, I find myself in a rather difficult predicament. You see it is a fearful prospect to stand up here, a man, and presume to know what Women want. Now, I have not been electrocuted like Mel Gibson in his movie “What Women Want” so I do not have the supernatural ability to read women’s minds. Therefore I did the next best thing and took a survey of many of the women in our church and associated ministries. I received close to 40 responses. For all you guys who are interested, I’ve compiled a full list of their responses which you can pick up as you leave. Wives, if your husbands don’t want to take one, but they need to, I’ll let you take one too.
Before we go any further, why don’t we just pause and pray that God would help us to listen and understand some of these important things tonight. Pray
Men and Women are intrinsically different. The feminist movement has tried for decades to convince us that there are no differences between men and women. And while the feminist movement has achieved a lot of good in the area of women’s equality, they have sought to misleading us into thinking that the only differences between males and females is the obvious plumbing differences. Science though is showing us more and more that there are physical differences from the earliest stages of development. For example ...
„X I watched a program just recently on recent medical findings that have shown that females brains, on average, have a larger deep limbic system than males. Quoting from the Brainplace.com - “This means that women are more in touch with their feelings and are better able to express their feelings than men. They have an increased ability to bond and be connected to others (which is why women are the primary caretakers for children - there is no society on earth where men are primary caretakers for children). But on the down side, having a larger deep limbic system leaves a female somewhat more susceptible to depression, especially at times of significant hormonal changes such as the onset of puberty, before menses, after the birth of a child and at menopause.”