Summary: Lesson: God can use most anything if we will only surrender it to him
What Is That In Your Hand?
Lesson: God can use most anything if we will only surrender it to him
A. GOD WANTS WHAT’S IN YOUR HAND
1. God doesn’t ask you to give him what is in someone else’s hand, only what is in your hand.
2. God doesn’t ask you to give what you do not already have in your hand.
3. God does not ask for your strength; your beauty; your Intelligence, or your Talent, He just wants what’s in your hand.
4. God doesn’t ask you to go off and get something in your hand so you can give it to him. God just wants what is already in your hand.
B. THERE WAS NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY ABOUT MOSES OR THE ROD
1. Moses was just like any other man.
2. The rod was just a simple shepherd’s rod.
3. The rod didn’t make Moses unique from all other Shepherd.
4. The rod in Moses hand was just another rod. But given to God from Moses hand it was used to do the miraculous.
5. God can’t use anything you’ve got until you let go of it.
6. God doesn’t have you until he has what’s in your hand.
7. As long as you’re in God’s hand, all God needs is what’s in your hand.
D. ONCE GIVEN TO GOD THIS ROD WAS USED IN THE HAND OF MOSES
1. It was used to confront to soothsayers of Pharaohs court (7:12)
2. It was used to turn the waters of Egypt into Blood (7:17-20)
3. It was used to bring frogs upon the land (8:5)
4. It was used to cause lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
5. It was used to bring thunder and hail throughout the land (9:23)
6. It was used to bring an east wind that brought the locusts across the land. (10:13)
7. It was used to cause the waters of the Red Sea to stand up like a wall (14:16)
8. It was used to cause the bottom of that sea to dry up so they could pass
9. It was used to cause the waters of the Red sea to come back upon Pharaohs armies
10. It was used to bring forth water from the rock at Horeb to supply their needs (17:5)
E. GOD CAN USE ANYBODY SO LONG AS HE CAN HAVE WHAT IS IN THEIR HAND
1. Educated or Uneducated, Rich or Poor, Black or White matters not to God.
2. The important thing to God is does he have what is in your hand.
3. None of us have the same thing in our hand, but all of us have something that can be used of God to do the miraculous.
I WHAT IS THAT IN THINE HAND, LAD? - Five loaves and two fishes
1. Not much you say, but given to God it was used to feed 5000
2. What if the Lad had held on to his lunch?
3. Would we have had such a wonderful miracle recorded by Jesus?
II WHAT IS THAT IN THINE HAND, MARY OF BETHANY? - a box of precious ointment (Mt.26:7-13)
1. Some complained about her wasting the ointment.
2. Don’t let others discourage you from giving to the Lord what is in your hand.
3. What if she had kept the ointment in her hand and used for herself?
4. Would we have ever learned of her sacrifice?
5. Jesus praised her for what she had done and said her act would be memorialized wherever the gospel would be preached throughout the entire world.
6. But if she had kept it in her own hand, we would have never known of her act and the ointment would have been just like any other ointment.