Summary: A question from a member for a Wednesday night message, which shows when animals began to fear mankind.
Title: When did Animals begin to fear man?
Introduction: The question before us is “When did Animals begin to fear man?” God created man and animal life on the same day of creation and man was given dominion, but what about the animals and their fear of man when did that start? Keep in mind God created the fowls and fish on the fifth day. We see in the bible that God created all things in a seven day cycle, the animals and man on the sixth day and then God rested on the seventh day, but did the animals naturally fear man from the beginning.
Core: Today we see domesticated animals and wild animals why so different and is one acting out of their natural instinct. If they are acting out of natural instinct which instinct is natural in these animals? We need to start where everything started in the Beginning and that will be Genesis.
I. We see Day Six in Genesis 1:24-31 in it we see man and mammals created
A. The animals were created after their kind
1. That would be their biological classes
2. Notice the different animal classes were created as their specific class
3. A horse and all the animals in that classification were horses
4. Nothing came from another class
B. In verse 26 God differentiated man from the plants and animals
1. God created man in His own image.
2. He gave man dominion
3. Dominion over the fish of the Sea
4. The Fowl of the air
5. The cattle
6. And over all the earth
7. Finally over everything that creepeth upon the earth
8. We see in verse 27 God made them male and female, He not we determined gender
C. Here in chapter one we have just the basic facts of creation
1. God created out of nothing the earth and all that is on it
2. He created the whole universe
3. Hebrews 11:3 rings true
4. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
D. Verse 28 says God blessed them, and gave them a command
1. Be fruitful
3. Fill the earth
4. The Hebrew word ma-lay means to fill not replenish
5. He again affirms that man has dominion over the earth
6. So man is the dominate being of creation
E. Verse 29 is interesting in that it states what Mans food was as well as the animals.
1. Man was a vegetarian in the beginning
2. Then verse 30 every animal was given the green herb to eat
3. Man did not eat the animals
4. The carnivores did not eat meat at this time
5. The sixth day was concluded
6. Man came into being as well as the animals
II. We now move into Genesis 2 verse 7 we see man formed of the dust of the earth
A. Man was formed from the dust of the ground
1. We go back to dust when we pass from this earth
2. Ecclesiastes 3: 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
3. The bodies of both man and beast turn to dust again Solomon said