Summary: When God Speaks are you listening? When we focus on the benefits of living for God, who speaks to us, we ought to be the happiest people on Earth.
When God Speaks
Acts 9:1-7 (KJV) And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
One thing we must realize.
• When God speaks it won’t be in the form of man.
• It won’t be in the form of man’s opinion.
• It won’t be in the form of man’s intelligence.
• It won’t be in the form of man’s understanding.
• It won’t look like man
• It won’t sound like man
• It won’t feel like man
• And it won’t be man.
It will be God!!!
This is why so many people cannot find direction from the lord.
They’re too busy trying to get....
1 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV) Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
• Why is psychiatry the leading profession for heart attacks?
• Because with all of man’s wisdom.
• With all of man’s understanding.
• With all of man’s intellect.
It cannot give the peace of mind that the Holy Ghost gives.
There may be some good that psychiatrist say that might help.
Psychiatry has a clever way of identifying with peoples problems. Just because someone understand you or identifies with your issues does not mean that your issue will go away.
Do you think all them guys on “He Haw” ever resolved anything when they sang the song:
Gloom despair and agony on me
deep dark depression excessive misery
if it weren’t for bad luck I would have no luck at all
gloom despair and agony on me.
They sure knew how to identify with each other’s problems,
but none of that ever helps.
Let me tell you something today,
nothing can take the place of the Holy Spirit
nothing can take the place of the wisdom of God the father.
Seek the Lord and he will give you strength!
• Your whole world may be falling down around you,
• You may be facing a test that is life shattering.
• You may be looking into the face of death himself,
• But if you can get into a place where the voice of God can be heard...
The Holy Ghost is a Promise
“He will lead you unto all truth”
When God speaks something is going to change!!!
? He spoke to the Void of darkness in creation and light and life sprang forth!!!
? He spoke to the frogs in pharaohs river, and they plagued his house.
? He spoke to valley of dry bones and they came to life again.
? He spoke to the blind and they began to see.
? He spoke to the dumb and he began to speak.
? He spoke to the leper and he was made clean.
? He spoke to the he spoke to Lazarus and raised from the dead.
? He spoke to the storm and it was made calm.
And he is speaking to you today!!!
We have been spiritually satisfied with so little
for so long
when there is so much for us to possess!
2 Thessalonians 3:1 (KJV) Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
• We need to let God’s Word into our lives.
• God’s Word is like the sweet manna in the desert.
• It’s the cool water to the parched lips.
• Hosea 4:6 ... My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
• People who should be living a blessed life!
• People who should be feeling the power of God in their life!
• They are reduced to poverty because they could not hear God’s Word!!!
I wonder what blessing would flow in our lives if we would only hear from God?