Summary: Biblical criteria for engaging the enemy (the devil) in spiritual warfare.
“When Is It Right To Fight?”
· Sometimes when we hear bad news we think things can’t get any worse, until we hear the cure.
· ILL: A woman took her husband to the doctor’s office. After his checkup, the doctor said, "Your husband is suffering from a very serious infection." The husband, who was hard of hearing said, "What did he say?" His wife said, "He says your sick". The doctor went on. "But there is hope. You just need to reduce his stress. Each morning, give him a healthy breakfast. Be pleasant, nice, and kind. For lunch and dinner make him his favorite meal. Don’t discuss your problems with him; it will only make his stress worse. Don’t yell at him or argue with him. And most importantly...just cater to your husband’s every whim. If you can do this for your husband for the next 6 months to a year, I think your husband will have a complete recovery." The husband said, "What did he say?" His wife said, "He says, you’re going to die".
· I say again, sometimes when we hear bad news we think things can’t get any worse, until we hear the cure.
· As the coalition countries, led by the United States and Britain, go to war against Iraq many people think that things can’t get worse. But, wait until you hear the cure.
· The cure is that the world must become an even more unstable, unsafe place to live. Men who do not know the problem and cannot find a solution must rule it. The cure is ushering in total chaos and mayhem, bringing the world to the brink of complete annihilation of mankind. Then, and only then, will the man of sin, the antichrist, be able to take his place as the World Leader. Which in turn will lead us to the battle of Armageddon and the Millennial kingdom and eternity future in heaven with Christ.
· Which is worse, the problem or the cure?
· A broken down car in front of him stopped a man’s car. He just sat there and sounded the horn while the woman driver in front was desperately trying to start her car. He sounded the horn even more impatiently and the lady walked round to his car and said sweetly, "Why don’t we change places? I’ll sound the horn and you can start the car!" It’s easy to grumble - finding solutions are more difficult!
· If you were President of the United States, having led the country through the worst terrorist attack in your nations history; and knew the whole truth regarding all the nations of the world, Iraq included, what would you do?
· It’s easy to sit in the car and honk the horn, but try changing places!
· But, when is it right to fight?
· Let me give you three instances when I find it Right to Fight.
I. When God’s power is on you, 10
A. This happens when He is your Commander and Chief
1. First, you must volunteer for His army
2. Then, you must surrender to His branch of service
3. Then, you must learn to ‘hurry up and wait’
4. Lastly, you must be faithful to the end
B. This happens when His army is Battle Ready, not just Parade Ready
1. Battle ready Christians are dressed from the inside out
a. Dressed with the Fruits of the Spirit,
b. Dressed with the Patience of Job,
c. Dressed with the Mind of Christ
d. Dressed with the heart of David
e. Dressed with the faith of Paul
f. Dressed with the passion of Peter
2. Battle ready Christians are on the frontline
a. The enemy knows them by sight
b. The enemy knows them by name, Acts 19:13-16
Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
3. Battle ready Christians are called on to Fight the Good Fight, I Tim. 6:12-16
II. When God’s protection is around you, 11
A. He supplies it, but we must put it on
1. Loins bond by Truth
2. Breastplate of Righteousness
3. Shoes of Peace
4. Shield of Faith
5. Helmet of Salvation
6. Sword of the Spirit
B. He supplies it, but we must fit into it