Summary: This is the 8th sermon in the series "From The Cradle To The Cross".
Series: ¡§From The Cradle To The Cross¡¨ [#8]
WHEN JESUS GOES FISHING
1. As a fisherman, I have learned several things concerning fishing.
ƒà Fish where there are fish and know the conditions of the place.
ƒà Find out what the fish are biting.
ƒà Be persistent.
2. Jesus calls His disciples to be fishers of men.
3. A disciple is simply one who follows someone.
1. The condition of this world is dark and evil.
2. There are many fish (lost people).
3. The fish are searching for food.
1. Equipment: Christians are the equipment God uses.
2. Bait: In today¡¦s society, there are many types of bait that we see being used:
ƒà Promise of an easy road.
ƒà The only bait we should be using is Jesus Christ.
3. Storage: Once they are caught for Jesus Christ, He keeps them. There is no catch and release program. These new ¡§fish¡¨ need to be fed and grown: Discipleship.
1. Be available: You got to go fishing to catch fish.
2. Be prepared: No tricks, just Jesus.
3. Be patient: Don¡¦t quit the first time one seems to get away.
Let¡¦s go fishing!