Summary: This is the 13th sermon in the series "From The Cradle To The Cross".
Series: “From The Cradle To The Cross” [#13]
WHEN JESUS SAYS…
1. In Christ’s last hours, He went into the Garden of Gethsemane to pray. Christ was not looking forward to the cross; but He was going to be obedient to the Father.
2. Jesus had taken Peter, James, and John into the garden with Him, while the other 8 disciples were to sit and pray.
3. Look with me at how well the 11 followed instructions and compare that to your own life.
When Jesus Says Pray…
1. The disciples slept.
2. Why pray? So we won’t fall into temptation. We must stay connected to the power source.
3. Jesus found them asleep 3 times; but He only woke them up 2 times. God does not force us to pray. Having not prayed, they got up to go with Jesus.
When Jesus Says Love…
1. The disciples fought.
2. Who are we to love? Everyone.
3. Peter, in his anger, tried to fight on his own. Regardless of the situation we are to love.
When Jesus Says Follow…
1. The disciples ran.
2. What must we do to follow?
3. When times get tough, what do you do?
1. How is your prayer life?
2. How are you doing in the area of loving all people with a Christ type love?
3. Are you following Christ?