Summary: Six steps to keep from being one of the crumbs!
WHEN YOUR COOKIE CRUMBLES,
HOW TO KEEP FROM BEING ONE OF THE CRUMBS!
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, Bless His Holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
Who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
Who crowneth Thee with loving kindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;
So that thy youth is renewed like the eagles"
SIX STEPS TO KEEP FROM BECOMING ONE OF THE CRUMBS
1) Get in TUNE with God! (II Chronicles 20:3,4)
2) Pray! (II chronicles 20:5-12, 13-21)
Three questions to ask God when you pray:
a) (verse 6) "ARE You not?" Remind Yourself of Who God is!
b) (verse 7) "DID You not?" Remind yourself of what God has done!
c) (verse 12) "WILL You not?" Ask God to do it again!
3) ADMIT YOUR FAILURE(verse 12,13) Admit your inability to fix the problem!
4) FOCUS ON GOD, NOT THE PROBLEM(verse 12)
Circumstances are like a MATTRESS! If you are "under the circumstances", it is like being under a mattress...you suffocate! Being on top of the circumstances is like being on top of a mattress...you find rest! What do you say when someone says, “How are you?” “Well, I’m pretty good under the circumstances.” God says, “What are you doing under the circumstances? You ought to be on TOP of the circumstances!” How do you get there? FOCUS ON GOD!
"If you look at the world you’ll be DISTRESSED!"
"If you look within you’ll be DEPRESSED!"
"If you look at Christ you’ll be AT REST!
(Verse 15) DO NOT FIGHT GOD’S BATTLE!
5) TRUST GOD TO WORK IT OUT! (verse 17) This verse happens to fall dead center in the Old Testament...the middle verse of the Old Testament! That ought to tell us something! Trusting God is THE thing all of life must pivot upon!
Two things to not do when your cookie crumbles:
A) DO NOT BE AFRAID
B) D0 NOT BE DISCOURAGED (verses 15 & 17)
Two things to do when your cookie crumbles:
Stand firm (vs 17) and
Have faith in GOD(verse 20)
And have faith in HIS WORD (verse 20)
6) THANK GOD FOR THE VICTORY BEFORE IT HAPPENS (VERSE 21)
To thank God after the victory expresses GRATITUDE!
To thank God before the victory expresses FAITH!