Summary: We need an honest evaluation of where we are in God. God asked Adam and Eve, where are you? There answer tells alot about their heart problems.
WHERE ARE YOU? -- God
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any other beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yes, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and it was pleasant to the eyes, and to be desired to make one wise, she took the fruit thereof,
and did eat, and gave her husband with her; and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and he knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8. And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God
amongst the trees of the garden.
9. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, WHERE ART THOU?
10. And Adam said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid; because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11. And God said, Who told you that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12. And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13. And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
I. TWO TREES? THE TWO TREES OF THE GARDEN ARE TYPES, SYMBOLIC, OR SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME.
ONE TREE IS THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND BAD. THIS TREE IS MAN DOING THINGS HIS WAY.
THE OTHER TREE IS THE TREE OF LIFE. THIS TREE IS SUBMISSION TO THE WORD OF GOD.
WE FIND THAT THESE TWO TREES DEFINE MAN’S SPIRITUAL CLIMATE AND ATTITUDES.
II. OUR ENEMY IS SUBTLE, HE IS NOT HONEST AND UPFRONT!
A. Satan does not stand at your front door wearing a red suit, having horns, and carrying a pitch fork and announce: I have come to steal, kill, and destroy.
B. He is a sneaky snake. He is elusive, cunning, crafty, difficult to see the real motives.
He operates insidiously.
III. TO DEFEAT YOU MUST DIVIDE AND THEN CONQUER! ISOLATION!
A. In the Civil War the North developed the Anaconda plan, the march through the South and divide. Sherman and the men from the North marched through and burned
and divided the Southern nation and then the victory was easily attained.
B. God loved his new creation. God loved spending time with Adam and Eve.
Satan had a plan and to make his plan work, the enemy had to separate and SATAN KNEW NOT TO COME WHEN GOD WAS WALKING WITH ADAM
AND EVE IN THE COOL OF THE EVENING.
C. Satan knew that he could not conquer Adam and Eve while they were together.
The enemy’s successful plan was to catch Eve by herself.
D. DURING THIS SPIRITUAL BATTLE THE ISOLATION AND ALONENESS OF THE WOMAN MADE HER WEAKER AND MORE LIKELY TO SUCCUMB TO THE FALL.
E.Today satan is trying to dividie families and churches, we must bind together.
IV. THE ENEMY LOVES TO DISTORT GOD’S WORD.
THE WORD OF GOD DOES THE WORK OF GOD.
THE ENEMY’S DISTORTION AND NOT RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD BECOMES
A SATANIC TOOL!
A. WHAT SATAN SUGGESTED GOD SAID:
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any other beast of the field which
the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yes, hath God said, Ye shall
not eat of every tree tree of the garden?
B. WHAT GOD SAID:
Genesis 2:16 And the Lord God commanded man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17. But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
C. WHAT EVE SAID GOD SAID:
Gen. 3: 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: