Summary: You should be determined to depend only on God for help, and not seeking other gods or going in the way of the world.
WHERE COMETH YOUR HELP: FROM EGYPT OR FROM HEAVEN.
STUDY TEXT: ISAIAH 31:1
- Help can be found in Egypt, but it is against the help from Heaven.
- Egypt signifies bondage and worldliness. Seeking help from Egypt implies going outside the will of God to look for assistance
- No matter how many the afflictions of the righteous, the Lord is able and willing to give deliverance. Ps. 34:19-22
- If you work up to God, help will come; there is no excuse to go to Egypt. 2kings 1:2-4
- Help from God will bring a lasting Joy in this world and the world to come but help from Egypt brings damnation.
1. REASONS WHY PEOPLE SEEK HELP FROM EGYPT
There are various reasons why people seek help from Egypt, some of which are itemized below.
1. Impatience and looking for a very quick solution. Whenever people can not wait for God they tend to look for means they thought would be easier and faster to get their problem solved. For instance when a King was sick in Israel, he sent messenger to enquire of the god of Eckron to find out whether he will live or die.
2. Ignorance of the help available from God, and the consequence of seeking help from Egypt. So many people are either not born again, or they do not have a healthy relationship with God. As a result, they are ignorant of the help that can be received from God at the same time ignorant of the consequences of receiving such help outside the will of God.
3. Unwillingness to pay the price of Obedience and Holiness required in getting help from Heaven. Many people that are aware of the help possible from God do not seek God for help because they are not willing to live a life separated from sins, and to obey all godly instructions and commandments as given in the scriptures.
4. Looking back of at the pleasure of sin in Egypt. The Israelites remembered the onions and cucumber they ate in Egypt and they blamed Moses for taken them out of there. Pleasures of sins might make people to look back from God and return to Egypt.
5. Believing the lies and deception of the devil more than the truth of God’s word. Many people believed the deception of fake prophets because their terms seem simple and attractive and they trusted in their lying wonders than the preaching of holiness and heaven where immediate miracles are not attached.
6. Maintaining a link with and taking counseling from the Egyptians. Ps. 1:1-3. When you are too close to unbelievers, you will take counsel from them and join them in the wickedness they do. We must be able to take counsel from God-fearing believers and by meditating daily in the word of God.
7. Fear that produces worries, anxiety and unbelief. Sometimes, the devil use the weapon of fear to send people out of the will of God and make them to look for help in Egypt. By so doing, he will be able to keep the people under bondage so that they will continually be his slaves.
2. REALITIES OF RECEIVING HELP FROM EGYPT
- Many problems last long despite prayer because of help received from Egypt in the past. A lot of people entered into a covenant either consciously or unconsciously by seeking help from satanic prophets. For instance during one of our Holy Ghost power night, God revealed a man who consulted Satanic prophets for breakthrough in life. The prophet killed a fowl and collected the blood into a bowl which he mixed with water and washed the head of this man with it. Unknown to the man that he was entering into a covenant with the devil. His case grew worse instead of getting better. God had mercy upon him when he confessed and repented and the yoke of this satanic covenant was broken upon his life.
- Help from Egypt opens door for the devil and give him a legal ground in people’s lives.
The parents of a young lady consulted witch doctors to save her from death attack from the familiar spirits. This consultation opened the door for Satan in the life of the lady and she faced series of attack from the kingdom of darkness. In one of meetings she had encounter with the power of God and she was delivered from the bondage to the glory of God.
- Some of the ways people receive help from Egypt are outlined below:
1. Consulting a false prophet for prayer and prophecies. Any form of wiling consultations of false prophet for prayers or prophesies whether you are aware that they are false prophet or not.
2. Swearing an oath before an idol to secure an agreement: for instance marriage, business or properties. The idol may help in securing the agreement, but some evil consequence will follow thereafter.