Summary: Father’s Day Message
EZE. 22:30 “WHERE IS THE MAN?”
A) In the book of Ezekiel we find about as dark a picture of the conditions of this day in which
he preached as you will find painted anywhere in the Bible!
* v.23-29 … It was a day of uncleanness … A day of murdering … Not many drawn to God …
* God’s Word was dishonored … Dishonesty was rampant … Selfishness … Compromise …
* Unconcern … Sin on every hand … Kind of sounds like the day we’re living in, doesn’t it?
B) In the days of evil, God found men like Noah, Moses, Gideon, Elijah, Moody, Sunday …….
* My question for today is, “Where are the men today to make up the hedge and stand in the gap?”
* Let me paraphrase this verse … God said, “I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of
righteousness that guards the land …….”
* “I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land,
but I found no one.”
C) This being Fathers’ Day, I wonder if God can find a man in this hour?
* Some people say that any man can be a father … It’s a job that takes very little talent.
* The facts, however, show that the rate of failure at fatherhood is higher than any other
occupation that you can name.
D) Being a father is actually a job that most people underestimate!
* Just what does it take to be an adequate father? * How do you measure up?
* Is it true that being a father is the most important job on earth?
* I BELIEVE SO … And I also believe that being a father is not a part-time job!
E) A man that would be a true father … A father that does his job well … And fulfills his
responsibilities must work at it full-time!
* And there are not many full-time fathers these days!
* The Bible is very clear that the ideal pattern for every home and family is built on a godly father.
* The father is the dominate figure in the home and his role is vital and important!
F) The Bible implies that to be without a father is the greatest affliction for a family!
* In fact, the law said in Exo. 22:22-24 says, “Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows,
and your children fatherless.”
* God Himself is moved to pity the fatherless … Hos. 14:3 “… for in thee the fatherless findeth
mercy.” * Psa. 146:9 “ … he relieveth the fatherless.”
* Psa 68:5 says that God is “A father of the fatherless,”
G) But even worse than a home without a father, is a home in which the father fails to fulfill
his role … And there are many today!
* Maybe they’re too busy, or maybe they just don’t see the responsibility of their task.
* Whatever the reason, one of our greatest needs today is for fathers to fulfill their roles, and to
fulfill it full-time!
H) Now let’s get back to my text … God said, “I sought (looked) for a man among them …….”
* My question today is, “Where is the man?” * Let me ask you three questions …….
(1) WHERE IS THE MAN PROVIDING?
A) The first need of every family, and probably the most obvious is the material need!