Summary: "Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you’ll be forever in the control of things you can’t give up." — Andy Law /Creative Company
As we listen to all the different testimonies of peoples backgrounds, challenges, & all the stuff that life can bring it makes us wonder how anything good could ever come out of those lives.
Then we discover the awesome revelation that it was because of a true change that takes place in them. 2 Corinthians 5:17
I want you to think about this as we go through this message today;
“There are 3 kinds of people in every church that is following God, attendee’s, faithful, and then the heart!”
It is vital that you know in what category God sees you in.
"Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you’ll be forever in the control of things you can’t give up." — Andy Law /Creative Company
Show Movie Clip #11 Facing the Giants
Jesus said it like this; If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. Mark 8:35
When we are so blessed to see the truth of our need for a Savior & we ask Jesus to come into our life it is at that very moment that everything in our life & our values begins to change!
I. Look at Moses’ Life…
a. His life starts out with some pretty uncontrollable circumstances.
• Life threatened before he could walk.
• Grew up as a son of Pharaoh’s daughter. (Enemy of God)
• Life threatened again & on the run. (Trying to make own decisions with his life)
b. It seems to turn around.
• Gets married & starts a family.
• Living life as a Shepard among his people.
• There is still a longing inside him.
II. Moses meets God…
a. He is trying to get some answers to his life questions.
• If I don’t belong in the palace, then where do I belong?
• While tending the flock he meets up with change again.
Then the LORD told him,… Now go, for I am sending you to
Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt.”
• Moses can’t see that this change is for his benefit?
But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before
Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?”
• How many of us have been seeking some answers, but what we are getting is not leading me where I really had in mind to go?
“It is very dangerous to go into eternity with possibilities which one has oneself prevented from becoming realities. A possibility is a hint from God. One must follow it.” — Sören Kierkegaard
Remember Jesus said; If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. Mark 8:35
• What are you willing to do with your life?
• What are you committed to do with your life?
III. Moses gets Real…
a. God has done His part & kept His word.
• Signs & wonders in Egypt.
• Fire & Cloud to comfort.
• Fed all the people.
• Deliverance at the Red Sea.
b. People still ungrateful after all God has done.
• Their actions showed their true condition of the heart
When the people saw how long it was taking Moses to come back down the mountain, they gathered around Aaron. “Come on,” they said, “make us some gods who can lead us. We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses, who brought us here from the land of Egypt.” Exodus 32:1