Summary: There are two voices that are speaking to you. One is the voice of Satan, the other is the voice of God. Whose voice will you listen to?
I. Satan Is a Liar
A. Satan is the father of lies. “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44 NKJV).
B. Satan is a thief who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10 NKJV).
C. What lies does Satan tell?
1. You are worthless.
2. Your situation is hopeless.
3. No one cares for you.
4. You are sick.
5. You are going to die.
6. You can never know God.
7. You have done too many bad things to ever be saved.
II. God Can Never Lie
A. God never lies. “in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began” (Titus 1:2).
B. It is impossible for God to lie. “that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us” (Hebrews 6:18).
C. What truth does God speak?
1. You are valuable (Matthew 6:26).
2. There is hope for you (Romans 15:13).
3. God cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7).
4. You can be healed (1 Peter 2:24).
5. You will live and not die (Psalms 118:17).
6. God wants to have a relationship with you (Revelation 3:20).
7. You can be saved (Acts 2:21).
III. Who will you believe?