Summary: Its not about how much of God you have seen, but how much you know him.
TEXT Joshua 1:9-11
A phrase that was made popular in the 80’s stated this, "Who you gonna call"!
In my mind I go to a lot of different things with that;
One singer began his song with a hope of an operator please connect me to 1982, a song about calling the past, maybe fixing a problem there.
One gospel singer sings, Telephone to glory oh what love divine, I can fill the current for he is moving on the line..You can talk to Jesus on that royal telephone…
Its all about who you gonna call and that will determine who is going to answer you prayer.
I choose to invest my time talking to God Jehovah. I choose to invest my time talking to someone who can do something about my life and make ways where there seems to be no way.
You are looking at a pastor who has been through the mill, with no silver spoons in my mouth. I have had to learn to trust God when it looked like the most ridiculous thing to do, even when it looked like he had failed me. I won’t get into all of it tonight, but it looked like God left me hung out to dry between two cats on a clothes line.
But I learned through that cat fight that God would never leave me nor forsake me and I learned every time I called on him from my spirit, my new creature he would answer. My greatest revelation I have ever received being a Christian has come form the Hebrew Children facing the fiery furnace. They taught me the battle is not the focus, but the faithfulness to God despite the circumstance and despite whether he really got involved or not.
AS A CHRISTIAN WHAT ONE TRUTH SUPERCEEDS ALL OTHERS IN IMPORTANCE?
· I AM BORN AGAIN, MY NAME IS WRITTEN DOWN IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE!
· I AM HERE ON A MISSION FOR CHRIST JESUS AND THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MISSION I HAVE!!
The understanding of these two powerful revelations have changed the course of my life for my lifetime. I will serve God whether I am renting or whether I own. I will serve God, Chevette or Supercrew! Whether I fly on a airplane or drive by car.
Paul stated that none of these things move me, he was repeating in his spirit what the Hebrew children said, play your tune, exert your influence, try to drum up your fear,
None of these things move me.
I. GOD WAS AND IS AVAILABLE
III. GOD IS ACCESSIBLE
IV. GOD IS EXCESSIBLE
V. GOD IS WELL ABLE
Christ is the answer, the solution, the antidote, the saviour, the King, the Lord, the final answer.
· He is richer than all the tycoons of wall street,
· wiser than Solomon,
· More intelligent than a hotel full of Eienstiens,
· He is like bayer aspirin he still works miracles
· Bigger than Ford who has a better idea
· Coke- for he is the real thing
· Hallmark Cards when he cared enough to send the very best.
· He’s like tide he gets the stains out, that other leave behind.
· General Electric when he brings good things to life.
· Kind of like Sears, when he has every thing in one place.
· Like Scotch tape you can’t see him but you know he’s there.
· He’s like Allstate, and better for you are in good hands.
· Like V05 he holds in all kinds of weather