Summary: Jesus was a real Man!
Who’s the Man
A. When I was young I played an association game
1. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say.....
B. Well what’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say Jesus?
1. Do you think of a baby? Galgotha? A 12 year old in a temple? The savior of the universe?
2. Or do you think things like a bunch of rules? Kill joy? Boring? Have to get up early to go to church?
C. What ever you think of I’m sure that it’s not what we are here to talk about tonight. Jesus was a man.
I. Who is He though?
A. Belize Central America, He was known as a dead man on a stick.
B. In art He is a pale face, scrawny, man with long golden hair skipping through the fields with his apostles.
C. On the front of bibles He’s caring a lamb walking around patting little kids on the head.
D. He is pictured as everything but a Real man.
II. What does scripture say about him?
1. No power-saws. Or drill presses. No sanders or craftsman tools.
2. He didn’t run to the Home Depo and buy a couple of pressure treated 2 X 4’s
3. He used a dull ax he made to cut down trees. Then he dragged it home. And used brute strength to make whatever he wanted.
1. No house to sleep in or eat at.
2. No car to drive, he walked every where.
III. Size and courage of Christ
Describe a Seedy fishing wharf.
1. They take him to the edge of a mountain to throw him off
2. He turns with holy anger in his eyes and walks right through the crowd.
1. People were doing anything to make a dollar
2. Christ walks in with a whip and drives them out.
3. They run for their life, not a soul decides to gang up on him.
D. Why do they all act like this?
1. Do they say He’s the son of God? No!
2. When he turns to walk away from the mountain do they forgive him and let him go? No he walks through them.
3. Would the Jesus we see in pictures stand a chance skipping past a bunch of Big nasty fishermen? No!
E. The reason is because Christ is a real Man.
1. He is someone who you can be proud of.
IV. Christ was a man and went through what we go through
“And being weary he sat at the edge of the well.”
“Give me a drink.”
V. Yes Christ was The man. He was like us the question is are we like Him?
1. Phillipans 2
A. Agree with each other
Don’t fight just to fight
B. Love each other
C. Be deep spirited friends.
Friendship should cost something.
Be open enough to share and care.
D. Don’t push your way to the front.
Don’t take by might
E. Don’t sweet talk your way to the Top
Empty flatter to get what you want
F. Put yourself aside help others; forget about yourself long enough to lend a helping hand.