Summary: Do you want God to be on your side?
4. “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.” How many things can you be “fully committed to?” I don’t know that it’s possible to be “fully committed” to more than one thing. Certainly, that is the case spiritually. Jesus knew it. In Matthew 6:24 (quickview)  He said, “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.” You’re not “fully committed” to God because you’re in church this morning. It’s how you live when you leave here that answers that question.
You’re not fully committed to God just because you’ve got a “Shout to the Lord” CD playing in your car on the way to work Monday morning. It’s what you were playing in the back seat on Friday night that tells Him whether you’re “fully committed” to Him. Illustr. – Man giving his girl a diamond ring and being rejected because she “Doesn’t want to make that kind of commitment right now.” “Here’s the ring, will you marry me?” “I’m sorry, I don’t feel the same level of commitment.”
On the cross, God came down to earth, knelt on one knee and said, “I have a proposal for you. I give you my best – the crown jewel of heaven - to show you how much I love you. Will you accept the free gift of salvation?” Many of us made a commitment to God. Some of you still have not. Some of you who did make a commitment aren’t living “fully committed” to Him. Why not? How do you think that boy down on one knee is going to feel if he hears anything other than, “Yes! I accept!”? He’s going to know she doesn’t feel the same way about him as he does about her. No excuse can cover her lack of commitment.
The Lord is looking for those who will make full commitments to Him and when He finds them, He will strengthen them.
1. Whose side are you on? “The Lord is with you when you are with Him.”
2. How hard are you looking for God? “If you seek Him, He will be found by you.”
3. Have you forsaken God for sin? “…if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.”
4. What is it that you’re committed to? “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.”