Summary: Why go to the trouble to be a Christian?
Why Bother To Be A Christian?
Christians were stoned to death Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. They were beheaded. (John the Baptist) Mark 6:24.The Apostle Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified, upside down. And, of all the Apostles and disciples, only John lived his natural life...he was exiled on the Isle of Patmos, and there he died.
While, Today’s Christians rarely face this manner of persecution, however outside of America, persecution is wide spread.
Do friends make fun of you because you are a Christian? Do they avoid you because of your faith? Why would a person even bother to be a Christian?
1. Christians are saints. Ps 30:4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 1Cor. 1:2 Unto the church which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,
2. Christians are brethren. Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
3. Christians are in Christ. 2Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
4. Christians are justified. Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
5. Christians are happier. Mt 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
6. Christians are blessed. Mt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
7. Christians have atonement. Romans 5:11 ..., but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
8. Christians are forgiven. 1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
9. Christians are together. Lu 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
10.Christians are going to heaven. Mt 5:10 Blessed are they
which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs
is the kingdom of heaven. Mt 5:12 Rejoice, and be
exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so
persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
BUT WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN:
1. You have not God. 2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2. You are unprofitable. Mt 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
3. You are lost. Lu 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
4. You are unprepared. Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people. John 14:2-3 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
5. You may be almost persuaded. Agrippa was Acts 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. HE DIED LOST!
DO YOU WANT TO DIE LOST? ETERNITY IS 1 HEARTBEAT AWAY!
Will you obey the Gospel Call?
Hear the saving Word of God, Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God
Do you believe that Jesus is the only Begotten Son of God? John 8:24 “For if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
Are you willing to repent of your past sins? Jesus said, “Luke 13:3 “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” Unless we repent, we perish. That is the consequence of SIN.
Are you willing to Confess that Jesus is the ONLY begotten Son of God? Jesus said in Matt10:32 “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. (33) But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Are YOU willing to be baptized for the remission of sin, in the Name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost? 1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: