Sermons

Summary: A message on the subject of the Bibical Tithe

  Study Tools

Why Every Christian Should Tithe

In a resent study its was revealed that only 3% of church members tithe in America. If this is true, then perhaps we have discovered one of the reasons why America is in such a terrible spiritual dilemma

The purpose of this article is to share why every Child of God should give tithes to the Lord..

• God established the principle of tithing, 430 years before He gave the Law to Moses. (Gen. 14:20)

• He then included this plan of giving in the Law. Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.”

• Jesus, also commended tithing in the New Testament. (Mat. 23:23)

What Does Tithe Mean

The word "tithe" means "a tenth part" or "10%". In the Bible, God teaches, that we are to return the first ten percent of all we receive back to Him. Giving less than ten percent is not tithing.

Should I Tithe on Net or Gross Income

The amount that actually comes to you as wages, profits, dividends, gifts-- increase of any kind-- this is what you personally pay taxes on-- and should pay tithes on. Which do you want God to bless, your net or your gross? Proverbs 3:9 says we are to honor God with the first part of all our income. I believe that means the gross income. II Cor. 9:6 “He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.”

Tithing is a great way to Slow your Love to God

John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

IJohn 5:3 “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.”

When Should I Pay the Tithe

I Cor. 16:2 "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come."

Where Should I Pay the Tithe

Your Church. Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

What About Un-Paid Tithes

I have never tithed. Does God expect me to catch up on unpaid tithes of the past? I John 1:9. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Is Anyone Exempted From Tithing

No. This is the reason God set the standard of only 10%. Everyone can give this amount, The rich as well as the poor. We should be able (with God’s Blessings) to live on the remainder 90%

What is the difference between “Tithe” and an "Offering"

A tithe is 10% of your total income. An offering is anything you give in addition to your tithe, such as gifts for special projects, Faith Promise Mission, Building Fund, etc. Tithing is God’s minimum standard, the starting point. As God prospers you, you’ll want to give more.

What If I Can’t Afford to Tithe

If you are in debt, you can’t afford not to tithe! You need God’ s help to get out of debt. There are many financial principles in the Bible but the starting point is to be honest to God by beginning to tithe. Tell God you’re going to put Him first in your finances, that you are willing to obey the principles in His Word, and you are trusting Him to help you get out of debt.


Browse All Media

Related Media


Breaking Through
SermonCentral
PowerPoint Template
Growing In Grace
SermonCentral
PowerPoint Template
Journey Of Faith
SermonCentral
PowerPoint Template
Talk about it...

Mark Bray

commented on Feb 3, 2012

tithing is not a part of the new covenant, the passages in matthew you referred to are apart of the old covenant, what you fail to realize is that while jesus walked this earth he was under the old covenant,why?because a testement isnt taken into account until the one who made it dies hebrews 9:16-18 and since jesus hadnt yet died he was talking about the old covenant. you might also read acts15, and another thing the law was given to the jews not the gentiles which we are. see exodus 19:3-5. and ephesians 2:11-13

Gordon A Ward Jr

commented on Jul 9, 2012

Wow .....am i glad that jesus had died once for n o t. Just me,but ALL mankind..jesus encouraged tithing...and i know not what i can give back for what he has forgiven me for....For these things can not come about but through prayer an fasting....May the grace of God enlighten us all. Amen.

Gordon A Ward Jr

commented on Jul 9, 2012

This sermonette was great,yet should have been more thorough.....

Gordon A Ward Jr

commented on Jul 9, 2012

Wow .....am i glad that jesus had died once for n o t. Just me,but ALL mankind..jesus encouraged tithing...and i know not what i can give back for what he has forgiven me for....For these things can not come about but through prayer an fasting....May the grace of God enlighten us all. Amen.

Join the discussion