Summary: This sermon is to guide to those people who do not read the Bible at all, and it can help them understand what God say about His words.
Text: 2 Peter 1: 20-21
1. We know the God commanded Moses to write His words. Exodus 17: 14. So with Isaiah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk, John and the other prophets.
2. But why God caused them to be written?
3. What was His purpose?
P R A Y E R: Let us pray……
1. Why do you think the Bible was written?
2. What are the reasons why God caused His words to be written by His prophets?
1. IT WAS WRITTEN IN ORDER TO BE READ.
a. Isaiah 34: 16 (Read and Explain)
b. 1 Thessalonians 5: 27
c. Revelation 1: 3
2. IT WAS WRITTEN FOR OUR LEARNING.
a. Romans 15: 4
b. Matthew 11: 29
c. 2 Peter 3: 18
3. IT WAS WRITTEN FOR US TO BELIEVE IN HIM.
a. John 20: 31
b. Do you believe in God?
4. IT WAS WRITTEN FOR OUR SALVATION.
a. James 1: 21
b. John 5: 39
c. 1 John 5: 13
Therefore, God caused His words to be written by His prophets because He wanted men to read His word, to study them in order to believe in Him who is the only true God who can give men eternal life.