Summary: Mature Christians learn to depend more on the Lord, His word and His Spirit’s leading than by what they can physically see. The Spirit has a way of increasing our spiritual senses to help us navigate through each day’s challenges. Ask the Lord to help you
1. The Holy Spirit teaches us to walk more by faith than by sight. Paul wrote, "We live by faith, not by sight." (2 Cor. 5:7) Mature Christians learn to depend more on the Lord, His word and His Spirit’s leading than by what they can physically see. The Spirit has a way of increasing our spiritual senses to help us navigate through each day’s challenges.
Application: Ask the Lord to help you to trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart not relying on your own physical insights. In all your ways acknowledge Him and the Spirit make your paths straight." (Prov. 3:5,6)
2. The Holy Spirit teaches us to obey the Lord while counting on Him to direct our every step. Jesus said, "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (John 14:21 (quickview) )
Application: Allow the Lord to show Himself and His will to you as you do what you can with the knowledge you are given. The more we obey the more He will reveal to us about HIs will and HIs word.
3. The Holy Spirit teaches us that all the trouble we see around us is reason enough to trust God for solutions to such complex problems. David wrote, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." (Psalm 46:1 (quickview) ,2)
Application: Ask the Lord, to help you roll all of your cares upon Him as He is GREATER than any problem.
4. The Holy Spirit helps us recognize that the help of man is useless without God’s intervention. Spiritual people know that the help of man is often worthless. David wrote, "Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." (Psalm 60:11 (quickview) ,12)
Application: Ask the Lord for greater reliance on the Lord and less on human wisdom, strength or connections.
5. The Holy Spirit helps us overcome our fear of what we see by what is unseen in the Lord. Paul wrote, "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but the Spirit of power, love and discipline." (2 Tim. 1:7)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you overcome all of your fears, but dwelling more on the Spirit’s power to intervene on your behalf whenever you call to Him for help.
6. The Holy Spirit knows that humans search for truth in the visible world is futile. Jesus said, "Sanctify them through your truth, your word is truth." (John 17:7 (quickview) ) Millions of scientists, educators, and researches spend huge amounts of money, time and resources searching for small bits of truth. The Spirit promises to lead us into the truth that is necessary for us to complete God’s will for our life. Jesus said,
Application: Consistently ask the Lord to guide you in truthful conversations, ministries and relationships.
7. The Holy Spirit uses our physical senses to point out areas in our life that are not completely relinquished to the Lord’s control. When shipwrecked aboard a Roman prison vessel, the apostle Paul said to the worried passengers, "But now I urge you to keep you your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed...Do not be afraid. I have faith in God that it will happen just as He told me. Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island." (Acts 27:22-26 (quickview) )