Summary: In today’s world of easy going preaching and churches that no longer have altar calls, the lost are dying without any knowledge of salvation.
Why The Lost Are Not Saved
Matthew 9:36But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Jere 8: 19Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities? 20The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. 21For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me.
John 4:34Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. 35Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. 36And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
Pro 29: 18Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
1. Souls Are Not Saved because we as Christians have not heeded the call to SEPARATION. 2 Cor. 6:14-17
A. This is not an optional behavior. “Be ye not unequally yoked…”
1. You’ll never win your lost friends to Christ if you are just like them and participate in the things they do because it is fun.
2. Why do Christians even acknowledge Halloween? Because the world has made it into one of the most celebrated days of the year. Every year it gains more ground on Christmas and is already celebrated more then Easter. Law enforcement officials have declared that it is the most dreaded night for them because sex offenders and law breakers use the seclusion of costumes to prey upon children and adults alike.
3. Don’t you think that Christians should refuse to acknowledge this holiday and by so doing you will be given the opportunity to witness to those that ask of you why you don’t?
Habbakkuk 2: 15Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! 16Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD’s right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
1 Peter 3: 15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. 17For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
2. Souls Are Not saved because we as Christians have not heeded the call to SERVICE. Matthew 10:1-15
A. Verse 5 –Do not go the way of the Gentiles. If you are to serve the Lord you must do it on His terms, not yours.
Proverbs 16 1The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD. 2All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.3Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. 4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.5Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. 6By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil. 7When a man’s ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
B. Verse 9-10 - If you are only in the ministry for what you get out of it, you need to get out of the way and let someone who is doing it because he is called do the ministry.
3. Souls Are Not Saved because we as Christians have not heeded the Call to Sinners. Matthew 22:1-10
A. In verse 3 we have the first refusal. These people received a personal invitation to come. This could very well be a picture of the Jews. Jesus came unto His own and they received Him not. Had hey know who it was, they would not have crucified Him.