Summary: When you perceive that your enemy is greater than your God, in your deception, you have just made God into your enemy!
“Will the real enemy, please, stand up!”
Introduction: The reason why it is important to have your daily devotions and to stay faithful in your Church attendance is so that you will keep a proper perspective of life. Notice that in today’s text, the children of Israel lost their perspective.
They thought of themselves as only grasshoppers. They made out that all of their enemies were man eating giants. And they thought that God was no where to be found.
So today’s message is on the subject of regaining a proper perspective!
1. God does not want to be your enemy.
It was the Devil’s lie that God had brought the children of Israel out into the wilderness in order that they might be devoured by giants. God had made a covenant relationship with Israel. They were the object of his favor.
2. Your amazing God wants to amaze you with his abundant blessings.
God had led the children of Israel to the land of milk and honey. He wanted to reveal to them his almighty strength and power.
3. God requires faith in order for his windows of heaven to open.
Without faith it is impossible to please God. The windows of heaven cannot be opened without faith. It is not a matter of tithing, it is a matter of trusting! Read Malachi, the third chapter.
4. Anything that hinders your faith, is your enemy.
The world, the flesh, and the Devil…
(1 John 2:16 KJV) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
The world says, “You don’t need God…”
The flesh says, “You don’t want God…”
The Devil says, “God doesn’t care about you…”
5. If you do not remove the hindrance, you will become the hindrance.
6. If you have become the hindrance, you have become the enemy.
7. When you perceive that your enemy is greater than your God, in your deception, you have just made God into your enemy!
Will the real enemy, please, stand up? It is true that you have a giant of an enemy. The giant has a name, and the name of the giant is: “UNBELIEF!”