Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ is your Prophet, you must heed His Word in order to enjoy intimate fellowship with Him and to avoid His judgment.
Will You Heed the Words of the Prophets?
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is your Prophet, you must heed His Word in order to enjoy intimate fellowship with Him and to avoid His judgment.
I. Heed God’s Word in order to forsake sin! v. 1-13
A. God uses His Word to speak to you (1-6)!
1. He has spoken from the very beginning of creation.
2. He has chosen to mediate His word through prophets.
3. He has spoken specific words through His prophets.
B. God uses His Word to reveal your sin (7-13)!
1. God knows your sin yet wants to fellowship with you.
2. David responded by confessing His sin (13a).
3. God extended forgiveness to David 13b).
II. Heed God’s Word to avert His chastisement! v. 10-25
A. Forgiveness won’t negate the consequences of sin (10-19).
1. David’s secret sin was revealed publicly (12).
2. David’s secret sin had devastating effects (14, 18).
B. Forgiveness will allow you to fellowship with the Lord (16-25).
1. David immediately fellow-shipped with His God (16, 20).
2. David was given more children by God (24-25).