Summary: "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?"
Psalm 85:6 1. THE PRAYER FOR REVIVAL "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" A. The Restoration Of God’s Favour - 85:1 LORD, thou hast been favourable unto thy land:
B. The Restoration Of God’s Forgiveness - 85:2 Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.
C. The Restoration Of God’s Forbearance - 85:3 Thou hast taken away all thy wrath: thou hast turned thyself from the fierceness of thine anger.
D. The Recognizition Of God's Passion of- 85:4 Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease.
E. The Recognizition Of God's Punishments - 85:5 Wilt thou be angry with us for ever? wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations?
F.The Recognizition Of God's Perseverence - 85:6-8
1. God's Priority in Revival - 85:6 Wilt thou not revive us again: 2. God's Purpose in Revival - 6 that thy people may rejoice in thee?
3. God's Power for Revival - 85:7 Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation.
4. God's Plan for Revival - 85:8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.
G. The Recognizition Of God's Pity - 85:9 Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
2. THE POSSIBILITIES OF REVIVAL "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" WHO CAN BE REVIVED? · THE DISAPPOINTED CAN BE REVIVED Psalm 42:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. · THE DEPRESSED CAN BE REVIVED Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
· THE DISOBEDIENT CAN BE REVIVED Proverbs 6:16-19 - These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. · THE DEFEATED CAN BE REVIVED Romans 7:19 - For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. · THE DISTRACTED CAN BE REVIVED Jeremiah 2:13 - For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. · THE DEAD CAN BE REVIVED Ephesians 2:1 - And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast. HOW CAN WE BE REVIVED? CHURCH AT EPHESUS Rev. 2:4-5 - Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. · WE MUST RETURN Rev. 2:4 – Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. You left, you need to come back! · WE MUST REQUEST Wilt thou not revive us again: · WE MUST REMEMBER Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen · WE MUST REPENT  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; James 4:4 - Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:8-10 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.  Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. · WE MUST REPEAT and do the first works; · WE MUST REJOICE Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? 3. THE POWER IN REVIVAL "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" Rejoicing In :- (a) The Existence of God,that there is a God. (b) The Knowledge of God, to think that he is my God! (c) The Permanence of God, "This God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even unto death;" (d) The Power of God, (e) The Love of God, He is a God of love, a God of justice, a God of truth -he cannot lie,-his immutability, he cannot change, his eternal existence, he cannot faint or die