Summary: To show that GOD, the LORD JESUS CHRIST is inviting us to be part of His Team: Team JESUS. His team will offer wholesome teamwork and His burdern is light and easy to bear.
Are you a team?
Yes, JESUS and I are a team. JESUS is my Team Leader.
II. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
To show that GOD, the LORD JESUS CHRIST is inviting us to be part of His Team: Team JESUS. His team will offer wholesome teamwork and His burdern is light and easy to bear.
Matthew 11:30 (Amplified Bible)
For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Praise, worship, glorify, adore, bless, honor, acknowledge and thank You very much LORD JESUS for I learn from You and Your WORDS and we are a team.
Word study: Team
A. Author: Apostle Matthew
B. Keyword: Fulfilled
C. Emphatic Thought: Fulfillment of Old Testament Prophecy
D. Audience: Jews
E. Apparent Purpose: To show that JESUS of Nazareth was the kingly Messiah of Jewish prophecy.
VIII. MAIN BODY:
Team came from Greek word: "zeugos" and Hebrew word "rekeb" meaning a coupling, servitude under law and obligation, a beam, pair of balance, yoke. Yoke is a piece of timber, hollowed or made curving near each end, and fitted with bows for receiving the necks of oxen; by which means two are connected for drawing. It also means a mark of slavery, servitude, and bondage.
Examples of team are :
1. A couple - husband and wife are a team - For example: Mr. and Mrs. Nabaza individuality are lost.
Matthew 19:5 (Amplified Bible)
And said, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be united firmly (joined inseparably) to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?
2. A vehicle - the driver and the vehicle itself. If the vehicle does not want to follow the driver, it won't go any places. If the vehicle follows the rider and not the driver, it will not accomplish much. The same with chariot and riders in those days.
Numbers 22:28-29 (Amplified Bible)
And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you that you should strike me these three times?
And Balaam said to the donkey, Because you have ridiculed and provoked me! I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!
3. A yoke of oxen - Yoke is a piece of timber, hollowed or made curving near each end, and fitted with bows for receiving the necks of oxen; by which means two are connected for drawing. It also means a mark of slavery, servitude, and bondage.
4. Team Mikko - individuality are lost, yet each individual are important in attaining the goals of the team.
5. Invitation to the Team JESUS.
The fact is JESUS is inviting us to join His team.
Matthew 11:28-29 (New International Version)
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
1 Peter 5:7 (New International Version)
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Matthew 19:24-26 (Amplified Bible)
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdom of heaven.