Summary: Teaching your congregation that the ccan make it thruogh Christ
Title: You can make it.
Introduction: This passage tells us three things today that we need to know to fight Satan and win. If we look back in the chapters before we see David’s life. How God had used him to kill the Lion and the Bear. (I Samuel 17:34-36)Always remember where you can from so you can Know where you going.
I. Keep your Focus.
• v.43 And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
• He wanted to tare down David’s self-esteem, Satan knows that if He can get you down and doubting your self and troubled about your situation. If he can get you unfocused and get your eyes off the goal, then he has you.
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto the upon the waters.
29. And he said, Come. And Peter went down from the boat, and walked upon the waters to come to Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, Lord, save me.
• We see that peter in the boat. He saw the Lord and Knew that he was the master. He was focused, He got out of the boat. He saw the goal and was going for it. Then he got his eyes off the goal. He be came unfocused and when he did he started to sink.
• Today church how many times have we became focused, and have turned our attention to God, then in the middle of what ever we are going through, we take our eyes off God sink. How many times have we got on the mountain top and we forget the valley, what he done for us, and where he brought us from. See David went out to fight and he remembered, Goliath tried to change his focus, but he didn’t. Church keep your focus today.
II. Hold on.
• v.44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the birds of the heavens, and to the beasts of the field.
• Goliath started to trash talk, He started to bragged, and You can even say he started to boast.
• Pride is mentioned 9x in bible
• The most famous is Proverbs 16: 18. Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
• Church I’ am here to tell you today when you hear the Devil start bragging, saying how he’s got you, how your not going to make it, Hold on he’s about to be defeated. HOLD ON CHURCH!
• When the world looks like it is about to over take you and every thing look is like its going wrong, Hold on, hold on. When your boos comes to you and say’s “I got to let you go”, When there’s no money in the bank, when car breaks down, when your relationship starts to break apart, or when your sick, when every thing goes wrong and the world is caving in on you, HOLD ON. Luke 21: 28. But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh. When Satan tells you, your present tell him His future. Hold on church, Hold on.
III. Know who’s you are.
• 44. And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the birds of the heavens, and to the beasts of the field.
• Today Church I believe we need to realize who we serve, David was very plain with Goliath, Like wise we need to be plan with the devil. When he shows up, we need to stand up, square our shoulders back and say “who do you think you are, devil you come against me with money problems, but I serve the God who owns a cattle on a thousand hills, and he owns the hill and even the tater under them. So what you got devil come on, Philippians 4: 19. And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
• David knew in whom he had authority, today we need to know who this Jesus is.
• He is the bright and morning star, Lion of the tribe of Jude
• He is the Light of the world.
• He is Jehovah
• He is Jehovah-M Raddesh (Lord who sanctifies)
• HE is Jehovah Rophe (Lord who heals)
• He is Jehovah Shalom (Lord our peace)
• He is Jehovah- Jireh (Lord our Provider)
• He is Jehovah – Isidkenu ( Lord our Righteousness)