Summary: God’s love for us is so awesome, unending, unrelenting, so refreshing, how long has it been since you have seen him?
You are loved with an everlasting love…
Text: Jer. 31:1-3
1. Most of us have our love tanks running on empty.
I do not mean the sensuous, giddy, boyfriend, girlfriend love stuff.
2. Too many Christians are dealing with fears. Why? Because our love for our heavenly father has not been perfected yet.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:…
He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18, KJV)
Fear- 5401 phobos; panic, terror - where we get our word Phobia
Perfect- 5046 [teleios /tel•i•os/] Gr. having reached its end, we get our word telescope from here, to look out beyond)
2. How long has it been since you have heard your heavenly father tell you that he loves you?
"but God commends his love to us, in that, we being still sinners, Christ has died for us." (Romans 5:8, DARBY)
(Demonstrate by continuing to run before the audience saying, last week, you forgot God, but he keeps running towards you with his love.)
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9, KJV)
A. Why is it so hard to hear at times that our Father loves us?
1. We are so busy, being busy, that we don’t have time to spend with him.
2. Sometimes our earthly father’s have lived in such a way that we view God the same way.
Was your father distant?
Was your father too busy?
Was your dad there for you at all?
3. Maybe it because we just don’t take the time to sit and listen to what he has to say.
Demonstrate with calling daughter Amy to the front and sitting her on my lap and start visiting with her in front of the whole church to give vivid example of just how intimate our relationship should be with our heavenly father.