Summary: God;s love for us is so endless, unrelenting, so refreshing, how long has it been since you have seen him?
You are loved with an everlasting love…
Text: Jer. 31:1-3
1. Most of us have our love tanks running on empty.
I do not mean the sensuous, giddy, boyfriend, girlfriend love stuff.
2. Too many Christians are dealing with fears. Why? Because our love for our heavenly father has not been perfected yet.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:…
He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18, KJV)
Fear- 5401 phobos; panic, terror - where we get our word Phobia
Perfect- 5046 [teleios /tel•i•os/] Gr. having reached its end, we get our word telescope from here, to look out beyond)
A. From Genesis to Revelation, this book is a book about God chasing his children with a never ending love.
1. "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Genesis 3:21
Why did God make coats for Adam and Eve? To restore fellowship with him since they had hid, not from each other, but from him.
2. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Revelation 1:5
Calvary is God’s answer to the question? Does he really love us?
B. God is whispering his love for us in a thousand different ways every day.
1. Tell how Alley got out of car and music was playing and God just opened her spirit up and she felt the love of God in a new way.
2. Tell story how God gave me Psalms 112 on Thursday morning after wrestling with the right and wrong of breaking my lease and moving to my old location at Barrett’s
C. God loves you for you…
1. God told Jeremiah -
Before I formed thee in the womb I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1:4-5, KJV)
2. God loves you… just for you…
3. You are special and were created with a purpose
You were planned - you were not an after-thought, an accident
You were created that God might shower his love upon you
But love is a heart thing. You read about it, you can see how folks in love relate to one another, but till you experience it, you really don’t know.