Summary: The bible says... "Nothing is impossible to those who believe"...
“You Can Do It”
October Series: NEVER GIVE UP
October 24, 2010
By: Rev. Rey T. Bechayda
“I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me”. WEB
Today’s message comes from the life of the great apostle Paul who experience both extremes of life such as “life of abundance” and “life in deep needs” yet he is fully satisfied in his life in Christ.
Like Paul, sometimes we experience abundance and sometimes we are in great needs, but unlike him we rejoice when in abundance and we murmur when in need.
The tendency is for us to enjoy all the blessings while it last but we don’t welcome sufferings as if it doesn’t come from God (remember the lesson we learned from Job last week...).
When we are in need we lose our belief to the God of possibilities; we began to doubt, and eventually question God and His ability to bring us out of this situation.
My desire is for you to anchor your faith in Him and begins to see the impossible things happen in your own life.
In spite of what he has gone through in life, why did Paul declare, “I can do all things?” We can appreciate it in three different aspects…
First, Paul acknowledge that…
I. For with God: “All things are possible”
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." NIV
Two reasons why:
A. Because God is “All powerful”
- Through His power He created everything that has been created.
- Through His power we have we move and have our being.
- Through His power He destroyed the power of sin.
- Through His power He saved us from the consequences of sin.
- God is all-powerful and none can compare His power.
B. Because God is “All knowing”
- God is full of wisdom that He knows everything in this world and even everything beyond this known world.
- His power caused Him to know everything in the past, present, and the future.
- It is comforting to know that He knows us and even every small details of life and body.
Second, Paul always believe that…
II. For him who Believes: “Everything is possible”
"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." NIV
A. Faith is the key
- Take note that in order to overcome the impossible the requirement is faith.
- A person without faith is a shortsighted person; they don’t have the courage to pursue even further because they were driven by their own doubts.
- A person with faith doesn’t believe in the impossible because for them everything is possible.
B. Faith in God
- The book of Hebrew says, “without faith it is impossible to please the Lord…”
- The question is where do we address our faith? Sometimes, we hooked our faith in human promises, sometimes in our own strength and might, sometimes in our money, sometimes in our business, etc. Then, frustration certainly follow because God in not in the picture.
- Because He is the God of possibilities it is just but proper for us to hook our faith in Him alone for us to see the impossible becomes possible.