Summary: There’s some things that we should never apologize for!
ROM.1:16 "YOU DON’T HAVE TO APOLOGIZE"
* The word "apologize" means: to say one is sorry, acknowledge a fault, offer an excuse.
* There may be a lot of times when you and I need to apologize;
* But there are some things you don’t have to apologize for!
* Paul wasn’t ashamed and did not apologize for what the gospel had done for him!
A) He wasn’t ashamed of the change it made in his life! * And what a change it was!
* In Acts 9:1-8, is his conversion. * He made it to Damascus, but as a different man!
B) He wasn’t ashamed of the Lord of his life! * In Acts 9:19-22 after his baptism,
* He went into the synagogues and preached that Jesus is the Son of God!
* The Jews got so mad at him that they sought to kill him!
C) He wasn’t ashamed of his labor and loyalty! * In fact, look at Rom.1:15!
* I wonder just how many of us who name the name of Christ, who profess to be followers
of the Lamb of God, are ready to go where He bids, say what He bids,
* And do what He commands? * Can you say, "I am ready?"
* Can you say, "I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain, plain, or sea?"
* Can you say, "I’ll say what you want me to say, or be what you want me to be, dear Lord?"
D) Brother, Paul was not ashamed of his labor and loyalty to Jesus Christ!
* There are some things you don’t have to apologize for:
(1) FOR BEING AN OLD FASHIONED CHRISTIAN!
* Song: "I’d rather be an old time Christian, Lord, than anything I know ....... "
A) Not ashamed of justification by blood! * People can say what they want to say,
* But I’m old fashion when it comes to the doctrine of the Blood of Jesus!
* Peter said in 1 Pt.1:18-19 "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with ......."
* Eph.1:7 "In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of ......."
*Acts 20:28 says "He hath purchased the church of God with His own blood!"
* I’m not ashamed of the doctrine of the Blood of Jesus Christ!
B) Not ashamed of joy in the Lord! * Because the joy of the Lord is my strength!
* It was Paul who wrote in Phil.4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, rejoice."
* Rejoice means to be cheerful and happy! * "Be cheerful and happy alway, and again ......."
* It is the privilege of believers to rejoice, not just at certain periods, under certain circumstances,
* But in "all things at all times!" * Paul practiced this!
* There is not one sour note in Paul’s life! * Philippian jail in Acts 16! * Read it!
* People may think we’re strange, but the Bible says we are a peculiar people! 1Pt.2:9
* Peculiar: out of the ordinary, strange, odd, unusual, aint nobody else like us!
C) Not ashamed of the gospel! * Because it is good news from God Himself!
* It is the power of God to save! * Paul plainly says, "I am not ashamed of ......."
* So many are timid and shy when it comes to telling the gospel of Jesus to others!
* Or perhaps they are just purely ashamed! * God pity you if you are!
* Do you speak up when you should? * Do you speak out for Jesus in the midst of the enemies