Summary: Moses reminds us we can’t get away with secret sin. Inspired by a Police Chief busted for soliciting underaged sex.
You Won’t Get Away With It!
Today I want to talk about another foundational truth that we need to know. You never get away with sin. It always has a price.
You would think a Police Chief would know that. This week Landis NC Police Chief Charles Childers (50) was arrested for using the internet to distribute child porn, and to induce and entice a person he believed to be an underage girl to engage in sexual activity. Now Chief Childers faces 5 to 30 years and up to a $250,000 fine.
Of course we hear about this all the time. Someone thinks they will get by with something in secret, gets busted.
Here is what God’s Word says about it:
Numbers 32:23(KJV) But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
Dr. Charles Mercer from Mason, Michigan could attest to this as well. Nearly 4 decades after his wife died, he was arrested, and charged with murder. Investigators in Michigan said they long suspected foul play in the 1968 death of his wife, but at the time it was attributed to Polio. The case was reopened in 1995, and new technology led to his arrest in 2006.
Facts about our Acts
1. God knows what we do - Hebrews 4:13(NLT) Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable..
2. God Cares about what we do - Hebrews 12:6(KJV) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
3. What we do will be known - Luke 8:17(KJV) For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
When will it be known?
a. You will know, it and it will rob your peace – Psalm 51:3(NLT) For I recognize my shameful deeds--they haunt me day and night.
b. Others may find out, and it will hurt your testimony.
c. God knows it and will hold us accountable - Ecclesiastes 12:14(KJV) For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
4. We will “reap what we sow.” Galatians 6:7(KJV) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Conclusion: When Satan tempts you to sin and you start thinking, can I get away with it, remember, you can’t.
What should I do with the sin of my past?
1. Confess them - Proverbs 28:13(KJV) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
2. Forsake them –
3. Thank God for His Mercy - Psalm 103: 8(KJV) The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.