Summary: Dealing with hidden sin
(For this Illustrated sermon you will need an eight foot tall heart with doors in the center to get thing out, and for Spirit of Pharisee; Spirit of Rebellion; Spirit of Gossip to exit)
Title: Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You
Intro: Ladies and gentlemen, the music that you are hearing sets the title for my message today. It was written by a man who lived a sad tragic life; and who died a sad tragic death.
“Your Cheating Heart Will Tell on You”
Just a few weeks ago many people celebrated Valentines Day. They spoke words of love and devotion. Some were honest and true but other’s spoke from a Cheating Heart.
But the spiritual theme that I wish to set this morning is this; Many people are pledging their love and devotion to God but it is from a corrupt and Cheating Heart.
You cannot fool God. Be not deceived God is not mocked for whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap. Sir, you can pretend that you are committed to Christ and think that you secret life of sin is hidden. But I tell you that your cheating heart will tell on you! Many of you have been flirting with the world, unfaithful in your relationship with God. Your cheating heart will tell on you!
Except you repent of your cheating, the day is coming when the contents of your heart will be exposed for the world to see. Your sin will be shouted from the house top.
God is looking for people today with a pure heart, a bride without spot, wrinkle, or blemish; someone that is completely devoted to Him. God doesn’t need your lip service if He doesn’t have your whole heart.
I. The Cheating Heart
A. One that is divided because of unfaithfulness
ILL. David followed after God with all his heart but Solomon didn’t
1 Kings 11:4 (quickview)  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
- God is not satisfied with a half-hearted commitment
- But to many today are flirting with the world and calling it innocent fun while God says either Love me totally or not at all
B. One that is filled with other interest.
-Get Things out of heart that we make into gods-
- I can’t go to church today It’s Super Bowl Sunday.
- I can’t go to prayer meeting tonight the boosters wouldn’t know what to do without me.
- Wednesday night that’s crazy I need family time
- Tell someone about Jesus, No I’ll just live it in front of them.
C. Does not take anyone else into consideration
- It is a heart of self-centeredness.
- Never mind the price that was paid for my salvation.
- Never mind that God say’s that He is jealous God.
- Because I want to live the way I want to. No preacher, or the Bible is going to make me change.
D. Thinks that no one knows your little secret
- You can fool your self into thinking that no one knows but will expose it all.