Summary: This is the 1st sermon in the series "Your".
Series: Yours (Malachi) [#1]
1. Who am I? A father, husband, son, preacher, friend, etc…
2. More importantly; who am I to God.
3. Before we can look at God’s expectations of us, we must know who we are to God.
1. What people does God love? All people.
2. He loved us so much that He sent His only Son to this earth to die.
3. God’s love is… (1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
1. What people does God hate? None. If He hated a person He would be guilty of murder. So why does it say, “God hated Esau”? God does not hate the person; but He does hate sin.
2. Edom (the descendents of Esau) was prideful. As Obadiah tells us, they thought they were self-sufficient and indestructible. They were violent, indifferent, boastful, and exploitive of others.
3. The wages of sin is…
1. Gift of salvation.
2. Faith in Jesus Christ.
3. Indwelling in believers of the Holy Spirit.
1. Who are you to God?
2. Christian, you are pure and clean before God. Now, live it!
3. Lost person, God doesn’t hate you; but He hates everything that you live for. Change who you are to God.