Summary: Admonishes and reminds all Christian believers of how they walk in the grace and knowledge of our LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST by GOD the Father!
The 6 pertinent questions to always ask in any situation:
Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?
Let’s discuss how they relate to these scriptures:
Whose steps are referred to?
“…a good man” (Psalms 37:3-5)
3. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
What about his steps?
“…are ordered by the LORD” (Psalms 119:133)
133. Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
When are his steps ordered?
“…and He delighteth in his way.” (Proverbs 16:9)
9. A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.
Where are his steps made sure in GOD?
“Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:” (Jeremiah 10:23)
23. O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Why is he not utterly cast down when he falls?
“…for the LORD upholdeth him” (Psalms 51:9-12)
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
How does GOD uphold him?
“…with His hand.”
There is Omnipotent help in the Hand of the LORD!!!
(The Hand of the LORD)
A leper---Matthew 8
3. And JESUS put forth His hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
Peter’s mother---Matthew 8
15. And He touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.
A certain ruler---Matthew 9
25. But when the people were put forth, He went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
Peter on the water---Matthew 14
31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
Never be afraid to step out on your faith in GOD!
Even in walking with GOD, remember that a walk is a series of steps!!!
It is easy to be a faith-talker, but the true challenge comes in being a water-walker!!!
Step out into the provision of GOD!!! (Joshua 1:3)
Consider all the steps that JESUS CHRIST made on our behalf:
1. Stepped out of Eternity into humanity!
2. Stepped the dusty streets of Jerusalem helping others!
3. Stepped into the Garden of Gethsemane to pray for us!
4. Stepped from Judgment Hall to Judgment Hall!
5. Stepped up Golgotha’s Hill (Calvary)!
6. Stepped into the depths of Hell to set the captive free!
7. Stepped out of the grave with all power in His Hands!